Old 04-17-2004, 04:31 PM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #152

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:45 PM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile I'll start

Okay let's see a few before I forget....

Jessi, wtg on your weight loss. That's great. Keep it up.

Michelle, sorry your mouth is bothering you, at least it's a weekend, a time that's usually easier to relax. Hopefully by Monday you'll be good as new.

Mary, glad you may have got some insight in some of the things I said. I know how you feel and we probably all do but you have to find a way to become happy and comfortable with your life. Like I said I know that feeling won't come overnight it's gonna take some work on your part. There is a way to become comfortable. And you asked about Watkins. I'm an associate, they've been around for 135 years and use to be door to door. They have cooking ingredients including extracts, seasonings, pepper. They are famous for their Vanilla Extract. They have indulgences such as lotions, bath salts and bubbles, candles and alot more. Then there is the medicines. This is an impressive category and last but not least is homecare, including dish soap, laundry detergents, cleaners and so much more. If you are interested possibly in becoming a rep let me know and I can send you to my website to discuss more about them. It really has given me a wonderful feeling of having something just for me even though I'm trying to make money for my family it's something that I do myself. Alot of fun.

Anyway, someone said something about rewards for losing. I know my long term reward and that's a new wardrobe. My husband promised me that a LONG time ago not only is that a reward, but obviously I'll need some clothes to wear. I haven't been that small since high school so that will be FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! I think I'll give myself a small reward for every 20 pounds or so. Something like a new outfit, which I'll need, and maybe get a sitter and have a girls night out or spend an evening with my dh. All that would be fun, you can show off your new look. Maybe even a facial, or something like that.

Leigh, sounds like you're doing well. I agree with alot of what Cindi was telling you about the baby. You definitely need to let him fuss it out somewhat or it will get worse. And you're probably right, it's probably teething, give him a dose of Tylenol and even rub some on his gums. Let him figure out something to do on his own. I know it's hard but in the end it can make the world of difference. Plus when he starts crawling, it's likely he won't want to be held much anymore. Hope some of that helps.

Well, I haven't eaten great today but I'm under my cal count for the day. Hope everyone is having a great day.
TTYL
Old 04-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Crystal,
I'm glad you did well today and stayed in your calorie range. That's awesome work
I did very well today too. It's day 3 of my diet, so maybe I'm starting to get used to it.

I'll check in in the morning - I'm off to examine my eating habits with my Dr. Phil book!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:56 PM   #4  

Geri - GF you need to throw away those winter clothes. With your weight loss you will not be wearing them next year. Still not finished with Dr. Phil, but feeling pretty good with SB. Dh order chicken fingers and fries for lunch, I had 2 fries, not so bad. His birthday is Monday and he says he needs to enjoy his meals. My point is there is always something to eat for Easter, b-day, etc. BTW, I did pretty good even with his bad influence.

Penny - Is Andrew taking a bottle or cup for his feedings? JW is drinking pretty well in a sippy cup and I want to get rid of the bottle. Dh says he is too young. He is eating so many new foods, that I feel he is not so interested anymore.

Leigh - Welcome, I am Melinda, mother to John Wesley 8 months. What part of Ga. I live in Charleston, have family in Atlanta and Albany. JW is starting to show the separation anxiety. He will work the Baby Einstein DVD, he loves them. He did not like the sling thing and watch out bc sometimes they get too hot in them. Good luck on your weight loss efforts. You came to the right place.

Jessi - Congrats on 5 down. Doesn't it feel great. When is Baby Cole's B-day. JW is 8/22/03.

Michelle - I hope the teeth are feeling better. JW is getting 2 new ones on the top, but he has really been an angel. Not as bad as getting them pulled.

Did an aerobics class yesterday, my legs are killing me. Hurts to walk upstairs. But I pushed myself to get to the gym today, 30 min e.t. and weights. I even wore I tank, feeling a little better about my arms. I am turning 30 at the end of May. DH is throwing me a party, so I want to get this bod looking a little better.

Have a Great Saturday evening.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Ladies!!!

I hope this post finds you all doing well and staying OP!!

Crystal - I know that when I told my hubby that I wanted to diet and what my goals were he said that when I reach my goal he'll give me 500 bucks to buy new clothes I know its not a lot but it will go a long way at walmart and target

Melinda - My 6 month old is just getting her first tooth I can feel just the tip of it Im so excited for my lil baby to have teefers eeks baby talk lol hellllpppp I need to get out more lol. Yeah Im hoping that maybe the swelling will go down tomorrow, right after I got back from the dentist I was like wow that really wasn't too bad I didn't understand why people said having your wisdom teeth out was so painful well now I know why lol. Way to go on the aerobics class, I know your legs hurt but isn't it a great kind of pain? I always loved when my legs hurt after a workout it means I was workin hard

Leigh - Great job on Day 3!! Keep it up!!

Spryng - I hope you are having a great weekend with DH

Speaking of bottles vs. sippy cups I'm gonna take Teagan off the bottle next month (she'll be 7 months) and we're starting to have her practice standing without holding on to anything who knows maybe she'll be an early walker But Im not setting any expectations just kind of experimenting My first child was babied a lot so I figure maybe if I let Teagan start doing stuff on her own earlier maybe she'll learn earlier. Well I stayed OP today and did wonderful but geez eating a lot of meat you sure do consume a lot of calories but Atkins doesn't count calories only carbs and I was at 19 for the day Yikes....I didn't notice I was rambling on and on (side effect of pain meds) Sorry guys lol
Okay I'm going to finish watching Lost in Translation

I may be back later (Quick run guys as fast as you can!!!!)
Take Care!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:45 AM   #6  

Hey guys lol Im still up at 12:30 my time argghhhhh I should be in bed lol but I was having wayyyy too much fun finding blinkies and making dolls. Anyway I guess I'm bored so I came to say goodnight to you all and I hope you all sleep well Too bad I'm the only insomniac on tonight lol.
Goodnight!!

Last edited by MichelleRae; 04-18-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:01 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Good Morning Ladies

Well good morning ladies. I hope everyone had a great Saturday and night. My night, yet again, was only okay. Well, I did okay yesterday, I might have gone over just a little but if I did it wasn't by much. I peeked on the scale and it was up a pound so that pushes me to not lose control over my calorie counts, it's just hard when I eat something that I don't know how many calories are in it.

Anyway, I hope some of you go to meals.com and try it out, I made my entire menu and grocery list on there online, all I have to do is print all of those out and the recipes, it was so neat.

Also, I know this is nothing knew to any of you but I wanted to share it, use to, when I didn't count calories and I ate whatever and as much as I wanted, I would wake up hungry EVERY morning, my stomach would be growling, but now that I know I eat less but better things, I never wake up hungry isn't that neat.

My dh told me yesterday there is a house he wants to buy and I would LOVE it. It's in town but in a BEAUTIFUL neighborhood and just down the street from my mom and a great place to go walking during the days and trees in the back yard. See we've ALWAYS lived in the country and don't have any trees and we hate that part of it. Anyway, I would love to buy that house, but obviously we can't afford it. We don't have a house payment or rent or anything now just our regualr bills and we barely can make those so obviously adding another payment we can't do. That makes me so sad. I still think I'm gonna tell my dh about getting a home equity loan to pay off bills AND improve and make bigger the house we live in now. I think that maybe the best thing to do. I didn't mean to go on and on.

Well, Michelle, it seems you were the only around here last night. Glad you're mouth is feeling better. Hope you have a great Sunday.

TTYL
Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Melinda,
Andrew has never taken formula, a bottle or pacificer. Not because I forced him away from it but he would never take any of them. He just takes his sippys. He loves to drink out of straws so I bought one of the sippys with the soft straw.

Jessi,
That is so exciting! 5 lbs is wonderful!!!!!! Congrats Congrats! You are doing great!

Michelle,
How are you this morning? Hope you are feeling much better!

Spryng,
Enjoy dh. Talk to you soon

Geri,
How are you doing? Have you been TOP loser at TOPS? You have been doing so great you should be getting rewards there???

Crystal,
I both everything works out great with the house! I will try to check out meals.com.

Leigh,
I am so glad you are doing well with your diet!

Have a great Sunday

Talk to you soon,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Default Good Morning Gals!

Could I ask what SB means? I've seen it in several posts and am not sure. Also, I assume OP means "On Program"?

I weighed myself to see how I was doing after 3 days and have lost 1lb! I assume that means by the end of week one I'll have lost about 2-2.5lbs

Melinda: I live in Atlanta - in Midtown. We are very familiar with Charleston - I have a good friend who lives there. Also, DH goes there often for news stories. Nice to meet you

Crystal: $500 is great! I was thinking I might spend in the $300 range figuring $10 per lb lost (more or less). Not sure if I'll spend it on scrapbook supplies, clothing, or both

Michelle Rae: Good job staying OP (hope that's correct usage of the initials!!). Keep up the great work.

Crystal: Maybe part of your new house plans can include planting some trees. Or, is it difficult to grow trees on the property you have? I know sometimes it can be hard depending on soil, rain, etc.

We're meeting friends for brunch at 11am (Eastern time), but I may order something off their regular lunch menu so I can better control the healthy aspects of it. I'd bet a trillion dollars they don't cook their eggs in a healthy/lowfat way

I was thinking once I'm in my maintenance stage, would it be okay to have one "free" day per week where I don't go overboard, but allow myself slightly less than stellar food choices? But then I worry that if I give in at all, I'll get completely off track (that's one reason I wouldn't do it right now - I'm working on the emotional/behavioral aspects of my eating, but I'm not "there" yet).
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Here is another drive by post, lol. I feel so bad for only popping in for a few minutes when DH is home but we stay so busy.
Yesterday we had soooooo much fun. The bbq/fishing day at the park was wonderful! We played horseshoes and ate lots of great food, chatted all afternoon and then went fishing and the kids had so much fun. Didn't really catch much but it didn't matter. Yesterday morning we went to our annual city wide yard sale. There were so many this year. We started at 7 am and good thing because things were selling so fast. I got a sewing machine!!!!!!!!!! A very nice (looks like it hasn't been used much) Singer. For 2 bucks!!!!! It embroideries and all that neat stuff too! I can't wait to start using it! The first thing I will make is slip covers for my dining room chairs because they are so old and stained. But I'll wait until fabric is on sale. I also got a vacuum cleaner for 1 dollar, lots of cute shorts for summer (mud brand, clavin klein, arizona, etc) great brands for a little of nothing, a cute summer dress, pair of jeans, lots of toys for the kids, a small hand held vacuum cleaner for the van (a kirby!) for 1 dollar, and all kinds of odds and ends. It was so much fun and the kids were so great at it all. Oh yeah, we got them a Sega Genesis with two controllers and 14 games for 20 bucks! Perfect condition. They play my game cube all the time and now they have their own game system to play in their room.
But anyway, it's been a great weekend so far. Today we will be gone some of the morning and then come back to mow the lawn, have Dh do some honey dues! And just relax at home. Don't know what will be for dinner yet.
Well I'm sorry I don't have time to address everyone idividually.... I promise things will be more normal come tomorrow sometime. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:52 AM   #11  
RosieKate

New to 3FC, I hope you don't mind if I jump right in
I'm Katy, from Portland, OR, and SAHM to James (7.5 yrs) and Leigh ( 2.5 yrs). I've been a SAHM for almost 8 years - and it went by fast!
I was reading through this thread and everyone strikes me as very warm and welcoming. And I see there's a Leigh! Notice I named my daughter Leigh? and she's the only one in these parts - so you find that so where you live? I love the name. You mentioned having a "free" day. I'm thinking of two people I know who were advised by a dietician to follow 80/20. In other words stick to your plan 80% of the time and ease up 20%. The weight won't come off as fast, but you won't feel deprived. I think this is good advice for a maintainer, but for someone who is really trying to change habits, I can see your point completely. I do a modified Zone and find myself off-program too much to my liking.
Anyhow, I weigh in at home on Mondays, so I'll post then.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:59 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Just a quick drive by visit for me.......
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Crystal, tks for starting a new thread. Sounds like you had a good OP day! Great for you....it will show up on the scale, I am sure.

Spryng- sounds like you are having a great weekend too. Congrats on the sewing machine (is there something in the air with them these days??) The yard sale sounded like fun......enjoy your time with Dh.

Leigh- enjoy your brunch!!! Congrats on the impending weight loss- off to a good start!

Penny- how's your weekend going????? How did you like the veggie soup?

Melinda- are you less sore today? Hope you at least enjoyed the aerobics!

Michelle Rae- I am a horrible nightowl too, if left to my own devices...just with the schedule my family is on, I am kind of stuck being a day/morning person. Hope you got some sleep.

Dd's soccer game went well- for the first game she played well, considering they had only one practice. (they won too.....) The weather was good- a bit warm but at least sunny. Slowly I am getting over the dumb cold- and am starting to feel human and somewhat less tired. My eating has been within points, but my activity has been down. Guess I will try to get a short walk in this afternoon.....and back on normal schedule tomorrow with walks and the like.
Gotta go get ready for church. Have a great day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default What a weekend!

I haven't posted much because I have a sick baby(tummy virus, lots of cleaning to be done) and a 18yo ds I had to see off to the Prom last night. Bet many can't talk of babies and the prom in the same sentence He looked smashing and his girlfriend was beautiful. She is a skater chick and I have never seen her in a dress, much less like she was last night. I think I heard him ramble in around 5am!!!! In the midst of all of this, I had the MOST AWFUL headache!! I couldn't shake it for nothing. So I stayed away from the computer and rested, I took some sinus meds and its gone at the moment, but I don't know for how long. I even went and bought a drink with caffeine to see if it was a withdrawal headache, so that might have helped too.

RosieKate, My grandma's name was Kate, love that! Would have been my next dd's name, but don't think we'll get that far. This is a great group who is really becoming like family to me. We are starting to share our lives, not just our weight loss journey together and it's so nice to have friends to do that with. You will be glad you jumped in, so post often!!

Crystal, I think it's time to share your house plan with dh, it makes the most sense at this time. He obviously wants to provide a nicer home for you all and this might be the way.

Leigh, I live in Carrollton. We aren't that far apart. Congrats on seeing the changing scale.

Ginny, I missed church today due to sick baby and me. It's our church's one year birthday party, and I am missing it!!

Michelle, Normally I'd have been up with you, but it looks like you kept yourself entertained Hope today is a better day and you feel like yourself again.

Spryng, We miss you, but we understand and hope your weekend continues to be awesome!!

Melinda, Glad you stayed strong even with the evil influences...and did aerobics to boot! WOO HOO!

I didn't do so well, but I didn't feel like cooking much, so I got the kids McD's and I had Lemon Pepper Wings, I use to eat 10 with fries, and today I barely got 6 down. Not the best choice, but what I wanted, so I babied myself in my time of suffering. Other than that I have been doing well, I just need to get the exercise going strong, that is where I am failing miserably.

OOOps, gotta go, puking baby!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  

Michelle - That is great your little one is standing. JW will only stand when supported. He is the first great grand and grandson, so he is always spoiled with love and attention. I hope that does not hold him back from walking. He loves to be held.

Penny - No formula at all! You are a great mom. JW has had some on ocasion when we are out. We have only used what the hospital has given us though. He is so active now, that it is hard for me to pump the extra supply.

Leigh - SB is South Beach Diet. I love brunch the best of both meals. I usually get my eggs with eggbeaters. They taste much better than the ones I have at home so they must be adding some butter, etc. Have a good lunch.
Dh b-day is tomorrow and he had wanted to go to Atlanta this weekend to see the Braves. I still think JW is too young to go. I love to shop in Atlanta, good thing we do not live there. I would be broke.

Spryng - You found some bargains. I told dh that we need to have a garage sale but I don't know who wants our junk. And my nice cothes I am keeping bc I am going to get back in them.

Katy - Welcome, all kind of newbies around. I hope that I can continue to stay home when my kids are in school. That is so great that you have done it for 8 years.

Ginny - Still sore, but getting better. It will motivate me to get my butt in gear today. Does the running ache you?

Cindi- Wow, prom! We made it to church but JW messed his clothes, brought him back into church and did it again. It is getting harder and harder to go each day. Lemon Pepper Wings, do you make them? McDonalds didn't have that did they.

Haven't had a workout yet today, but I still have time. Dh b-day is tomorrow and we are having mil/fil and my parents. He still has not decided what he wants to eat. Of course he wants a cookie cake.

Happy Sunday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:57 AM   #15  

Okay this girl stayed up wayyyyyy too late last night but here is the official news:

*Drum roll Please*

Today was weigh in day and I am down 1 lb and am now at 239!!! yayyyyyy

Ok I need to rest my head a lil bit
Talk to you all soon!!