Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 06:18 PM   #1  

Default Hello, .... I'm new here

I would like to find a person who would like to be a diet buddy.
I don't want to try getting on a thread that is so large and has so many members that I feel overwhelmed trying to keep track of everyone. I always feel like I spend hours just reading and answering posts.
On the flip side of that is a small thread with just a few members who sometimes don't post for a week or more, and then you're left not knowing if the thread has ended or not.

I am 60 years old and have 100+ pounds I want to lose.
I think I would have better luck with e mailing back and forth with one or two people, sharing ideas and encouragement.
If you are interested in becoming diet buddies, please send me a private message and I'll send you my e mail address with more info about myself.

Thanks to all and I wish everyone the best with your weight loss plans.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:21 PM   #2  

Talking

Hi Helen,

I tried to pm you twice but they keep saying can't find user. I don't know why, I don't usually have a problem. But if you want to, try and pm me.
Just some quick info. I am 44, need to lose 100+ lbs. Stay active on the board and check email regularly. Lots of nice people here though. Let me know. Take care, Donna
Old 04-05-2004, 08:06 AM   #3  

Default first day

Hello Donna, and all who read this,
I started my new way of life today.
I don't want to get caught up in the scales thing again. I get so I feel like all I think about is food and the scales. I think this time around I'm going to concentrate more on being as active as I can and eating healthy. My goals will be smaller clothes sizes instead of numbers on a scales, which will go lower automatically anyway. I get too discouraged with those numbers bouncing up and down so I'm going to go this route this time.

Does anyone here have any physical impairments that sometimes interfere with physical activity? I have arthritis in my spine and sometimes have flare-ups that even the meds don't have an effect on, and I was wondering if you might have some ideas to lessen those flare-ups.

Hope you all have a good weight loss day today.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:26 PM   #4  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hiya girls!
I'm 23 and need to lose about 65 more pounds (though maybe more once I get that far). I agree with you--a few active members is the best type of board, keeps me on track but not confused. I also really like the journals, but then again, I'm a writer, it's what I do, but I just love writing whatever thoughts are in my head, and getting to hear others' comments without the expectation of a conversational format.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I have back problems as well--scoliosis, with occasional flare-ups that debilitate me for about 3 days. I find that doing yoga and pilates helps some, and walking helps even more. I used to get up every single day with a stiff back--even bought a new bed, but it didn't help much. But once I started walking regularly on the treadmill, I've hardly had a problem. I will say though, I had to start slow and build up the muscle. If I try to push too hard it backfires and I can't walk for a few days. I know that my problems isn't the same as yours, but I think that anything that builds up the supporting muscles has to help in some way, and walking is one of the best things for your back.
Hope this helps!
~Elisha
Old 04-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #5  

Hi Helen,
You are the first person I have heard who feels like I do, I would like to concentrate more on sizes than the scale, because as you said if you are wearing a smaller size it seem that the weight is coming off. I have a pair of pants that I used to wear, It is my hope that I will be able fit into them again. I too have some back pain now and then. I also have Fibromyalgia, and sometimes I do not feel like moving. I look forward to talking with you.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:54 PM   #6  

I am new here. I have 200 lbs to lose. I just started with Curves, but my eating is out of control. I am 42, married with grown children (21 and 24). I have Sjogren's Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I was not heavy all my life. This started when I went into a 3 year long flare-up of some undiagnosable illness back in 1988. I would love to talk back and forth because I think we all have a common bond here.
Closed Thread