Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 08:53 PM   #1  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Smile Hi Everyone!

I just want to say hi to everyone and I am glad I found a board where many types of diet and exercise can be discussed. I am 24 years old, 5'1" and 153 lbs. I want to be healthy and fit and toned. My goal is 115lbs. Short term goal would be 125 by July 15th, 2004.

For the past two weeks I have been watching calories with no success so I have begun WW flex points as of Saturday March 27th. It gets easier as the days pass but I still feel hungry...probably a mind thing not physical.

I wish everyone all the luck and can't wait to read more posts!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:22 PM   #2  
Firefly

Red face

Hi! I'm about your height and looking to get down to 115 also. Good luck with WW. My sister in law dropped 80 pounds on the program! I think the "hunger" phase will pass for you once you get the hang of tabulating your points and planning your meals. I wish the best of luck!
Cindy
Old 03-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  
Legend in my own mind

ozziegirl and cindy, I am in that same weight catagory as the two of you after having lost 10 lbs so far, and wish to be around 115, and I'm 5' tall. So far I'm doing really good. I don't do any flex points or WW but I have come up with a plan for myself that is working. Maybe we can exchange ideas..
anyway, I'm kind of new here too and need buddies...
Old 03-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #4  
Onward and downward!

Hi Everyone,

I am 5'1" and aiming for my goal weight of 115. I have lost 8lbs since I started my healthy lifestyle at the beginning of 2004. I don't count calories, fat or carbs, I am learning to trust myself by making healthy food choices and regular exercise.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Lucia

SW: 180
CW: 172
GW: 115
Old 03-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #5  
Hittin' the Beach

You are all doing so well! I am doing points but wouldn't mind getting some info on the plans you are doing. Partytime-what kind of plan is yours? You say it is working and that is all that matters! I am interested in the menu you have, I am always on the lookout to switch things up a bit.

Do we have a 5 foot club? haha There seems to be quite a few of us and we know ever little pound shows, but also every little loss is great too. I would be interested in keeping in touch with all of your progress. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #6  
Changing the things I can

Hey everybody! Welcome Ozzie's girl. I htink a 5 Foot Club sounds so cool! And, I gain one pound it either goes to my double chin, or stomach.... My ankles are okay though! Anyway, I too am devising my own plan here, not the WW thing. And, once before the lowfat, high fiber, 3meals, 2-3 snacks... it worked for me. This time, howver, I'm not losing yet, and it's been 12 days. Crud! but, maybe it will start up soon! Or down, I guess I should say. Also, I'm a scale junkie. Gotta stay off it for a few days!
Stefanie
Old 04-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #7  
Legend in my own mind

yes, the 5' club sounds good to me too.
I am doing more of a Dr Phil plan than anything, and low carb but most the carbs I eat in small amounts will be whole wheat, whole grain, brown rice and
I try to have a varity of veggies and fruits. Try to stay away from frozen dinners and pre packaged foods but I will eat Campbells soups and canned stewed tomatos but I think suger is the enemy and white breads, and white rice turns to suger so that is why I am doing the whole wheat thing.
But maybe we need to start a thread in the support group section for
5'3" and shorter ladies. What do you think?
Old 04-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #8  
Hittin' the Beach

I think the group would be a great idea, where would we start something like that? It is really different when you are short so I think for us to be able to support eachother would be great!

You are right Partytime, sugar and white refined carbs are the enemy! They are so good but soo bad for you. I have been sticking to whole wheat pasta and bread and wild rice, I hope that is as good as brown. But I have that too so maybe I will start eating that again.

I also don't like to eat packaged things either, although sometimes it is all too easy to do. I like campbells soup as well...mine says only 125 calories per serving!

SCS toomuch: I don't know if SCS are your initials but those are mine and my first name is Stephanie as well! I gain weight all over, especially in my thighs. I don't think my legs will ever be thin, ahh. I will settle for toned. I haven't lost anything yet either. I have had some slip ups and I am sure that is why but we will get there! We just have to support and encourage eachother! Well I am off to have a nice healthy supper of fish (not my fave but my bf cooks it well) and either rice or a small potato and veggies. What are you all having for supper.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:22 PM   #9  
Firefly

Cool

Sounds good to me! SHort people definately need to stick together!
Cindy
Old 04-02-2004, 02:44 AM   #10  
Hittin' the Beach

Talking

Hey ladies! Just to let you know that I started a thread in the miscellaneous groups, called Team shorty....5'3" and under chicks. Go here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

So if you want to come on over and introduce yourselves, the thread is now open. Hope to see all you shorties over there soon.
Closed Thread