Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.5/268.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Post SAHM to 3 really needs a weight loss buddy.

Hi,
My name is Michelle and I am 29.I have 3 children(9, 7, and 4) I have been married 11.5 years and weigh about 70 pounds more then I did when i got married. 3 years ago my weight got up to 178 and I worked really hard and got down to 128 in only 3 months. I ended up gaining it back and then some in the last 3 years. I really want to be able to take my kids to the pool this summer and feel comfortable in a bathing suit. I need a buddy or buddies to help me along with my weight loss goals. I will help keep anyone else supported too.

Thanks,
Michelle
Old 03-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #2  

Hi Michelle your story is alot like mine. I am 35 3 kids ages 13 11 and 5. Been married 15 years. This is the most I have ever weighed and don't plan on getting in bigger. I am using the WATP series eating smart and lots of water. I know this works for me. I am not looking to lose fast because when I did in the past just gained more back and plus extra. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your Sister in Sweat

cw 237
gw 150
first goal anything under 200
Old 03-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #3  

Hello,

I'd like to join the two of you in your weight loss efforts. My name is Anna, I'm 35 also have three kids (boys ages 11 and 8 and a girl 7), I'm married to Gary and am getting ready to go back to work full time in the next couple weeks.

I currently weigh about 243 lbs. I joined WW in Jan. and got down to 241.3 and haven't been there in three weeks to weigh in but am planning on going this week whether I've gained or not. I'm looking to lose between 65-75 lbs. Hopefully by the end of the year just have to get my rear in gear and get with it.

I'd love to write to you guys via email, I don't check the message board that often, so if you are interested email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Anna in OHio
Old 03-23-2004, 08:02 AM   #4  

Hi Michelle,
My name is Sarah and like you im a stay at home mom with a 3 year old and and 9 month old both girls. I also lost about 35pounds just to put it right back on my current weight is 198 and my goal weight by summer (in MI) is 180. Total goal is 145! I talked to Tammy9 yesterday and she is great I hope that maybe we can all help each other through this, we know we can do it we have done it before lets do it again but for good this time! And insted of being fat chicks on the beach we can be a couple of HOT MAMAs! Hope to talk to you soon!
Sarah
Old 03-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #5  

Ok Michelle Jordyn and Markay sound like we all have the same ideas and very similar life. We are now Sisters In Sweat. We will motivate, laugh, cry, and occasional scream together to lose the weight. I know that if we stick together we call all accomplish our goals. For me I can't count calories, or go by fat or carb counting. I know that makes me crazy and all I do is think of food. What am I going to eat next......... This time around I am eating healthy foods in the right proportions, having snacks between my 3 meals a day so my body will gain metabolism and not starve itself, and the all dreaded 64 oz of water. I drank all my water by 3pm yesterday. That was a big step for me love my soda. I decided that if I drink all my water then and only then I can have a soda. Can you believe yesterday I did not want one. I drank tea instead. LOL I walked 2miles the extra one was for me and you Markay. LOL I felt sore last night but today I am fine other than tired. Alot of my weight gain is from stress, depression and just plain no exercise. I have a appointment this morning to talk with someone. I want my mind and body back!!!!!! This is my story ladies. I would love to hear yours. Lets stick together and be Sisters In Sweat and accomplish all our goals together. There is another nice lady by the name of Lucia who could also use or support. You are all great beautiful woman inside and out. Hope to hear from you all soon. My email is [email protected] if you would like to contact me that way also. Good luck today ladies.

Sister In Sweat
Tammy9
Old 03-23-2004, 04:13 PM   #6  
Legend in my own mind

I'm now 45 years old, married 24 years and have two sons. our sons are 14 and 17 and I did put on a lot of weight and have been working to loose it slowly and have got 25 lbs to loose still.
thing is my husband is 10 years older and has put on weight over the years and he asked me to help him loose 50 lbs so now we are both working on this together. this has been going on for two weeks now and today he even said his jeans fit looser. but its a struggle being we both work full time, "at the same place BTW. I fix all our meals to take into work so I am feeling like a lot of the end resopnsibility is on my shoulders. So far I have been doing ok, but ideas are always welcome on what to pack for his breakfast and lunch.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies, I too am a SAHM. 2 girls and 2 boys. Married nearly 10 yrs. In early 2000 I dropped 50# and have maintained it for the most part. My problem, every fall something clicks in my head and I eat my way through fall and winter to a tune of 15#. So of course I'm back OP to lose the same 15# again. I'm doing well. I'd like to get my head straight and avoid the gain one of these winters though!

What I had really wanted to say to Michelle is life is far too short to deprive you or your children of any kind of enjoyment. Whether you lose or not get your fanny to the beach or wherever those sweeties want to go. You are their mom and they think your beautiful. You need to strut your stuff and believe it too!

Good luck to you all!

Kristi

[email protected]
Old 03-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #8  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Kristi, i just had to post and say i love your way of thinking. ( my 2 kids 8, and 3 could care less about what i weigh) happiness in your life is the key. with your mindset i think you can reach your goals and be a great motivator to others.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:05 PM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Default Me TOO

Wow, our stories are so similar. I too am a sahm, of 3. 5y, 2y, 16m. I'm 26 years old and found out a few months ago my cholesterol was borderline high. This does NOT run in my family. I weigh 210# and my goal is 145#. I've lost and gained in the past. I've done the Atkins thing and it's not for me. I'm not sure that following any specific regimen is for me. I need motivation, I'll go up and do good for a while, then I'll go down and even longer. Can we all join together for this?
Old 03-29-2004, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Heather and Crystal, I've found keeping a positive attitude can be a lot of work, but it's worth it. When I allow myself to think and feel the thoughts I grew up with, oh man I could never stick to any program. Crystal, I wish you good luck on your mini goal. That's a terrific way of looking at it. Little pictures of victory rather than one far away big one. I don't think there's any magic program that will work and be easy. I totally believe in eating foods from all the food groups Just Less and we have to move our behinds even on the days we just don't feel like it. The biggest step to remember is that we're worth it. I know that advice sounds like it came right out of a fortune cookie or something, but it's true. We are worth feeding good food to that will make us feel good. Keep me posted on how your mini goal is going. Heather, thanks for the compliment you sound pretty together yourself. Have a great day!

Kristi
Closed Thread