Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #1  
jeangenie

Default I'm new here... hoping to find a buddy!

Hi, I just found this website and I am really excited. I was recently diagnosed with insulin resistance, and I am hoping to lose about 30 lbs. I had lots of success with weight loss in college when my best friend joined WW with me, but she's not into it anymore. I would love to have a friend to take this journey with... I need support! Also, I am a very supportive type, so if anyone out there needs a pal, I am ready! I am 24 years old, recently married, southern girl from Dallas, TX. Any takers?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:06 AM   #2  

welcome to the site...you will find so much support here that everyday you will you will feel special and want to come back..... shrimpy
Old 03-20-2004, 12:24 PM   #3  
chocolate lover

hi jeangenie! i am also new to the site. i would love to be your buddy but i am not sure i am the right buddy for you as i am also new not only to the site but also to these kinds of things (losing weight, i mean). i am 22 years old and need to lose about 60 pounds, although my doctor is so kind to tell me that i can set my goal to 30 pounds, for starters.

can you tell me more about WW? thanks! and goodluck to you!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #4  
jeangenie

Smile

hey, verabear!
actually, i really loved ww. i think it is great and super easy for first time weight loss. (especially if you have no metabolism issues like insulin resistance or diabetes.) it is so supportive and you really can eat whatever you want. however, if you do have diabetes or insulin resistance, it allows you to eat lots more sugar and carbs than you should, so just beware of that. i am currently giving southbeach diet a shot. i like that program ok, but haven't had much sucess yet. alas, i am going to the endocrinologist tomorrow, and i am very optimistic that he will put me on something to regulate my insulin and help me lose some lbs.!

so you are from the phillipines? that sounds cool. are you in college now? are you currently trying a specific weight loss program? good luck with it, and i wish you much sucess! thanks for replying to my post! ~ jeangenie
Old 03-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #5  

Hey there jeangenie,

We are neighbors I just moved to Wichita Falls in December. My dad lives in Dallas well Rowlett I go down there often. I would love to be your buddy. I need all the support I can get. Hope we can support each other. I have started a new motto well not all the way new heard it in WATP series. We can be SISTERS IN SWEAT! LOL Hope to hear from you soon.
Tammy9
CW237
GW150 or less is good
First goal anything under 200
Old 03-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #6  

Hi, I am new to this site and would like a buddy or support from other women fighting this fat battle.
Thanks,
Bobbie
Old 03-22-2004, 09:49 PM   #7  
chocolate lover

yes i am in the philippines! ive already finished my studies and now working at an NGO working against trafficking in children. anyway, i am still trying to look for the right weight loss diet for me but i am eating less of everything and into tennis and brisk walking right now.

thanks to you too jeangenie!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #8  
Legend in my own mind

glad to be a buddy to anyone who wants to be my buddy.
and can I ask, is that insulin resistance a form of diabetes? I don't have that but when I was pregnant the last time I had that kind of diabetes. So anyway I know a little about that. Learned a lot about how to controll that with diet.
but I'm here too and need to loose 25 lbs and also helping my husband loose 50 as per his request. I mean, can't help people who don't want help right?
Closed Thread