Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #1  

Default New here...hoping to find a friend

After trying diet after diet and every pill, potion, and lotion I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't need any of that. I need to change my whole lifestyle and start thinking healthly and happy instead of fast and unrealistic. I am 39 and I weigh about 400lbs. I am unhappy, miserable and unable to do the littlest things that most people take for granted because of my weight and the pain that I am in because of it. I don't want to be like this anymore but food is my only comfort. I have been through alot in my life but I won't bore you with it all...but right now I am lonely, stressed out, and scared every night when I go to bed wondering if I am going to wake up. I am sitting here this evening telling myself this is it...I have to do this or I am going to die. I need someone who is willing to email with me one on one, kind of as a support person. I would love to have someone who needs to loose as much weight as I do so we can kind of do it together and support each other. If anyone would like to be "buddies"...Please let me know. Thank you!!!
keke347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/260/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello Keke,
I'm new here too. I am so ready to lose weight! I just don't know what road to take. I know I can't do it on my own. I need help.
Thanks
Good Luck
Martita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Welcome to you both! This forum is a great place, full of lots of support and advice.

Feel free to come and join us on our weekly chat thread, and join in the challenges and exercise threads!

I wish you both much luck, and hope to see you around more!!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

Hello! I have been away for awhile but am ready to join back in.I weigh almost 300 and I also am scared of not waking up.I would be willing to join you on this journey if you would like.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello...i have felt how you have felt many times and i had a wake up call in june my dad and sister came to visit from texas and wanted to do some siteseeing and we went to this place that had a lot of stairs to climb and i had to stop not even half way down and tell my dad and sister to go ahead of me because my back hurt too much and i was out of breath and my dad who is 64 and has a bad hip was able to walk down and up all the stairs which made me feel really pathetic and when i got back from vacation i started my lifestyle change on june 22nd and so far i have lost 30 lbs and i would love to have someone to email and be a support system with me and like kayleystar said join the 300+ thread i post there everyday and they are a great support system too-i dont know how to send private messages but if you do send me a private message and i will reply back with my email address ok? we can do this!
hbieber2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey Keke...

FIRST things first

We all know how you feel and totally get it. Just know that you CAN take the steps to better health for you. Finding yourself, growing as a person, learning what you can do, instead of seeing only what you cannot do.

I'm not sure of your past, but from your words I'm assuming you have had some negative experiences. I too have, as many of us has. I came from a life of abuse, lost my Mother when I was a teenager, and then sort of went into what I call "darkness." I was saved from that, but continued to suffer and thus my weight swelled as I built a protective wall of fat around myself so no one could ever hurt me again. The thing is I realized how I was killing myself and you know what? I deserve to live. I deserve happiness. I deserve peace.

You deserve these things too, we all do. We deserve it and we are working for it for ourselves, but we are also helping each other.

Would love to be your buddy sure. You are more than welcome to jump into the weekly thread here. The ladies are more than friendly, as you can see. I hope we have made you feel welcome and hope you find this place a new support system for you!

I started my journey at 340+ pounds and probably I was 350 at one point. Now I'm 270 pounds and continuing to learn how to live my life in a healthy and supportive way.

Welcome.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #7  

It won't let me PM you because I don't have enough post. My email address is telly31 at hotmail.com
keke347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Keke, last August I was 39 and 2 months and weighed almost 400 lbs. I wore a size 30/32. Today I am 40 and 3 months, I weigh about 240 lbs and I wear a 16/18. You can do it.

Don't be afraid and don't give up. You can do it! Find a plan you can live with and commit to it 1,000% percent. We're here for you.

Last edited by DCHound; 09-23-2009 at 05:38 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #9  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Hi,

I am new here too...... this is even my first post!

its good to know that others are just getting started! Sometimes its a little intimidating when I see other peoples weight tickers in their posts and it shows how much weight they've lost..... I hope to get some pounds down under my belt too!

Good luck on this journey!

PS
I just noticed the dancing carrot icon and I really want to try it out it seems happy, so I'm going to add it because being happy would be awesome!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying View Post
Hi,

I am new here too...... this is even my first post!

its good to know that others are just getting started! Sometimes its a little intimidating when I see other peoples weight tickers in their posts and it shows how much weight they've lost..... I hope to get some pounds down under my belt too!

Good luck on this journey!

PS
I just noticed the dancing carrot icon and I really want to try it out it seems happy, so I'm going to add it because being happy would be awesome!
OT - Hi Lostbystilltrying, welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself in our weekly thread! We also have a 60 Day Challenge started by gggirls! It is a lot of fun! WELCOME!

ON TOPIC - Keke, I hope to see you around the forums.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 367/353/170

Height: 5'10

Hi Keke- I am new here too and find myself in the exact same place as you are- I am 355 and 40. Having a hard time staying motivated and it is very frustrating definitely. My biggest appreciation is that there are literally a hundred people on here plus who have been exactly where I am and dug themselves out of this pit. I don't know how Im going to do this but I know for absolute certainty I have found the right place. Good luck to you!
Noellem87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #12  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Keke,

Hey there. There is hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You can do this, you can. You don't need pills, potions or surgery. You need a 100% iron clad commitment to respect your body. I know how you feel, trust me, I felt every pain and every heart break you described. If you really want this, you will jump in and start now. You don't need just a single one on one buddy, you need us all. ALL of us are here because we all want the same thing that you want. POST! 30 posts in 30 days. (That's my new motto )

Last edited by Lori Bell; 09-26-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Keke,

I know how you are feeling. When I was at my highest I used to get panic attacks thinking that I was having a heart attack. Even went to the doctor a couple of times. Once I started to lose the weight they went away. I know the weight loss looks like at right now but I take it one day at a time. Good Luck
uclr0028 is offline   Reply With Quote