Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #1  

Unhappy Really scared newbie

Hello,

This is my first time in a group and very new to the computer-----so please have patience with me...

About myself, i am sorta of old 56--- but that is ok-- am married -- have 3 grown children -- 2 dogs .. am over weight and need some support ...please help me j s
Old 03-18-2004, 03:52 PM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

Hi there Shrimp!
Im a pretty fresh chick here too, just about a week.
Glad you're here...keep posting, you'll get the hang of it!
Plus you'll get great support here!
Old 03-18-2004, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Hi Shrimp this is the place to be the people on this forum rock and help ya a real lot hope to see your posts.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:33 PM   #4  

hi shrimp i am 56 also and that is NOTOLD, i am on mt umpteenth diet but seems to be going better this time,welcome! hope to see you around, pat
Old 03-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

welcome Shrimp!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #6  

Hi Shrimp, I read here more than I post. But everyone is great. I'm 44 and find it refreshing when there are people closer to my age posting. We have alot of new mom's and they are all wonderful, but my kids are all grown also. So welcome aboard.

Are you following a specific program? I am trying to stick to sugar busters, but my cycle has been throwing me for a loop. Actually have some tests coming up and possibly surgery along with other health issues I'm battling. It's all making me feel very old.

Anyway enough of my probs, post often, share what you feel like sharing.

It really is a great place.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #7  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Hi Shrimp, I read here more than I post. But everyone is great. I'm 44 and find it refreshing when there are people closer to my age posting. We have alot of new mom's and they are all wonderful, but my kids are all grown also. So welcome aboard.

Are you following a specific program? I am trying to stick to sugar busters, but my cycle has been throwing me for a loop. Actually have some tests coming up and possibly surgery along with other health issues I'm battling. It's all making me feel very old.

Anyway enough of my probs, post often, share what you feel like sharing.

It really is a great place.

Hello Donna,

Thanks for responding ...this is so very embarrassing.

i never thought i would be asking for help from people that i don't even know yet...no, i am not on a program yet..i need help even with that ...i guess i have tried about every diet known to man and even some animals.. lol .. as you can see i am not very good at this typing and forget to do the caps.but stay with me as i learn even though i look sorta dumb...am babyingsitting a dog and her mom just came home so i will sign good noc shrimpy
Old 03-18-2004, 10:40 PM   #8  

Unhappy hi Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperdoll
hi shrimp i am 56 also and that is NOTOLD, i am on mt umpteenth diet but seems to be going better this time,welcome! hope to see you around, pat

Hello
i won't be useing caps just yet as i am just learning to hen pick( one letter at a time) i hope your diet works this time.... i also have been ao so many diets that i am really scared that i will fail again but with wonderful people like you for support maybe i will have a chance this time....i live in wisconsin...and i need help with what kind of diet to try....maybe i will start on ww tomarrow ...i need to lose 90 lbs enough...have to back off as i am very embarrass. take care shrimpy
Old 03-19-2004, 07:38 AM   #9  

Hi Shrimpy,
I'm also new to the group, live in Wisconsin and am still struggling with this weight thing. I'm retired and live alone, so you would think that making the right choices would be easy. I followed Weight Watchers a year and a half ago and got within a few pounds of what I would like to weigh ... and then I quit journaling and am right back up there again. So am back to square one. I do like WW as it lets me eat all the fruits and vegetables that I enjoy and just limits the fat (like red meat and butter which are my weakness!) I can truly say I feel much better when I am on WW. You're doing great on the computer .... no one on any forum I've been on judges you on your computer skills ... just post away and have fun. I love e-mail and have made lots of new friends on-line. Hope to talk to you again soon. Bev (in the southwestern part of WI)
Old 03-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev in WI
Hi Shrimpy,
I'm also new to the group, live in Wisconsin and am still struggling with this weight thing. I'm retired and live alone, so you would think that making the right choices would be easy. I followed Weight Watchers a year and a half ago and got within a few pounds of what I would like to weigh ... and then I quit journaling and am right back up there again. So am back to square one. I do like WW as it lets me eat all the fruits and vegetables that I enjoy and just limits the fat (like red meat and butter which are my weakness!) I can truly say I feel much better when I am on WW. You're doing great on the computer .... no one on any forum I've been on judges you on your computer skills ... just post away and have fun. I love e-mail and have made lots of new friends on-line. Hope to talk to you again soon. Bev (in the southwestern part of WI)

good afternoon bev
well so far today i have not cheated with food i made 12 doz ginger snap cookies no i didn't try one but my dogs did and they said they were good and could they have more or coarse the answer was no i will have to put them out sight.. hopefully out of mind take care shrimpy
Old 03-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #11  
RAR

HI! Shrimp I am new also so welcome I am a oldie alsoLOL (56) like you trying to find out what will be best for me right now just cutting out sweets and I have lost on that so hope that you will finf some kind of diet to help you also have a house of pets3 dogs Rita
Old 03-19-2004, 03:58 PM   #12  

Hi ladies,

Like a couple of you I am in my forties, and NOT OLD. Also, like you, I have been on so many diets the thought of going on another structured diet will not even enter my brain. I am doing very well on the plan that I am on now, you might want to try it. I log on to fitday.com many times a day and enter what I have eaten for the day. I eat what ever I want but I keep my calories below 1400 per day and fat grams below 40 grams per day. Everyone at 3fatchicks.com are probably sick of seeing me write about it but I can't say enough good things about fitday.com. I has been a tremendous help to me. I have been able to control what I am eating for longer than I have I a long time.

HI RITA, HOW ARE YOU DOING?
Old 03-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #13  

Hey guys ... none of you are old!!!! I'm 66 and I refuse to be OLD. A bit (or maybe more than a bit) overweight, maybe ... but never old. My mom is 84 and still refers to some of the members of her seniors' group as "the older ladies". Now I know for a fact that she's older than quite a few of them, but bless her heart, I gotta' admire that attitude! Age doesn't mean much anymore ... remember when Grandmas wore aprons and stayed home and cooked? Now they're at the Y working out. Nice to find you guys, though. When the young moms are talking about their two-year-olds, I'm just glad I'm waaaaay past that stage!

Shrimp -- way to go with eating "right" today. I could NEVER bake cookies and not eat any. Wouldn't even try that. Glad your dogs thought they were okay, though! My dog thinks any human food is okay. I did have a chocoate-marshmallow cookie last night along with some lemon yogurt -- was still well within my WW point range though. Where do you live in Wisconsin? I have to be pretty close to you ... just south of Platteville.

Debbie -- counting fat grams sounds like a good idea. Means you have to eat good healthy food and Fitday sounds like an easy way to track it.

Hi Rita -- I have a niece in Sydney, OH so spend a couple weeks there every year -- usually one week in the Spring and one in the Fall. Her dad is an antique nut, so we do all the antique malls around there.

Everyone have a good afternoon --- Bev
Old 03-19-2004, 09:06 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejarrell
Hi ladies,

Like a couple of you I am in my forties, and NOT OLD. Also, like you, I have been on so many diets the thought of going on another structured diet will not even enter my brain. I am doing very well on the plan that I am on now, you might want to try it. I log on to fitday.com many times a day and enter what I have eaten for the day. I eat what ever I want but I keep my calories below 1400 per day and fat grams below 40 grams per day. Everyone at 3fatchicks.com are probably sick of seeing me write about it but I can't say enough good things about fitday.com. I has been a tremendous help to me. I have been able to control what I am eating for longer than I have I a long time.

HI RITA, HOW ARE YOU DOING?
hello i will try your fitday.com i guess that it helps to document everything you eat and that way you can really see what you are eating .....i am so happy that i found this site ...there is so much support that it make you want to succeed ..any how i am not sick of hearing about it as this is the first time i have heard about it (fitdat.com) thank you again shrimpy
Old 03-19-2004, 09:18 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev in WI
Hey guys ... none of you are old!!!! I'm 66 and I refuse to be OLD. A bit (or maybe more than a bit) overweight, maybe ... but never old. My mom is 84 and still refers to some of the members of her seniors' group as "the older ladies". Now I know for a fact that she's older than quite a few of them, but bless her heart, I gotta' admire that attitude! Age doesn't mean much anymore ... remember when Grandmas wore aprons and stayed home and cooked? Now they're at the Y working out. Nice to find you guys, though. When the young moms are talking about their two-year-olds, I'm just glad I'm waaaaay past that stage!

Shrimp -- way to go with eating "right" today. I could NEVER bake cookies and not eat any. Wouldn't even try that. Glad your dogs thought they were okay, though! My dog thinks any human food is okay. I did have a chocoate-marshmallow cookie last night along with some lemon yogurt -- was still well within my WW point range though. Where do you live in Wisconsin? I have to be pretty close to you ... just south of Platteville.

Debbie -- counting fat grams sounds like a good idea. Means you have to eat good healthy food and Fitday sounds like an easy way to track it.

Hi Rita -- I have a niece in Sydney, OH so spend a couple weeks there every year -- usually one week in the Spring and one in the Fall. Her dad is an antique nut, so we do all the antique malls around there.

Everyone have a good afternoon --- Bev

hi Bev
i live in a small town 10 miles north of madison...my son went to platteville and majored in engineering ..i will try to stay with ww but sometimes my mouth get hungery-- not stomach-- just mouth..do you ever have this problem? in fact he took me out to eat tonight and i think i didn't do to well ok i know i didn't do well i will try harder tomarrow take care shrimpy
Closed Thread