Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR
HI! Shrimp I am new also so welcome I am a oldie alsoLOL (56) like you trying to find out what will be best for me right now just cutting out sweets and I have lost on that so hope that you will finf some kind of diet to help you also have a house of pets3 dogs Rita

hi Rita
i had 3 dogs but had to put one to sleep...my dogs are my life as they sleep with me ....then i have to vacuum the bed everyday but that is ok because they are worth it .. my first husband died on our 25th ann. and my second hubby is disabled so i hug on my babies....but they told me if i don't watch my weight better i may not be here to love them... i need a very strick diet because if you give me an inch i take a mile well have to get to bed as i work tomarrow 1a.m. comes early take care shrimpy
Old 03-20-2004, 05:35 PM   #17  
RAR

HI! Shrimp I sure know what you mean when you say your dogs are you babiesLOL mine took the place when my kids left home well my bed is like yours never no place for me to sleep I really wish you lots of luck on dieting just keep up a postive attitude sometimes we really have to be scared to do something about it the ladies are great never put you down keep you motivated which I desperately need at times when it comes to exercise if ever need to talk please feel free to IM me Rita
Old 03-20-2004, 10:05 PM   #18  

hi i am so disgusted with myself. went to visit my nephew in prison (sex with a 15 year old he was 19) and my sister took me out for supper and i oinked out ...i am sitting here wondering why i can't control my big mouth...sorta hate myself right now you have a good noc. shrimpy
Old 03-20-2004, 11:31 PM   #19  

shrimpy don't worry about the pig out we all do it. just pick yourself up and start over/ sometimes i have to start over often. just don't give up. what kind of dogs do you have? i have a very spoiled dashound. pat
Old 03-21-2004, 10:15 AM   #20  

hi Paperdoll i have 2 golden retrievers, as i said they are the love of my life ....one boy 4years ---jake----one fat girl---allie she is 9 years old....thanks for the support--this is why i like this place-- normally i would have got up this a.m. and started to eat again....but i saw your encouragement and made the choice not to eat and stay on program ww you were a lifesaver shrimpy

Last edited by jumbo shrimp; 03-21-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #21  

Hello ladies! I am a 50 yr old mother of 2, married 31 years, with my girl being married, my son, who is the oldest is getting married April 10th. I have a cat named Butterscotch and a Yorkie named Fortune who are my babies and I cannot forget my grandson, Thomas who will be 4 in June.

I read your posts and I am going to get on my now. Ask any of the people that know me and they know I PREACH this big time!

First off, 40-56-50- whatever is JUST a NUMBER! It is what we do with our lives that matter and keep us young. We are NEVER EVER too old to change our lives for the better. I am glad each of you have chosen to do so. One of the biggest things I harp about is seeing yourself as beautiful on the outside at your highest weight. I truly believe that women who can accept themselves when they feel at the bottom do much better than those who beat themselves up over coulda woulda shoulda. NOW is the time to take charge of your life and make positive changes. Look at me, I have lost over 100 lbs in the last year, went from being unable to walk from a store parking lot to the store (dh would let me off at the door) to walking a 5K last October and I let my dd convince me to do a 10 mile the end of May for Cystic Fibrosis though that is WAY more than I can do, I am going to shoot for 5 miles!

If you ladies are looking for a place to land, check out Time for Serious Fun on the Support Group Forum. I am the thread administrator and keep everything rolling right along. We have daily topics, you get daily points for staying on your weight loss program, drinking water and exercising, we have a quarterly challenge where the winner gets a Visa Gift Card, and we would LOVE to have you join us there! I can use more ladies my own age!

Good luck to each one of you and remember: If the desire to be healthy is stronger than the desire to die, you can do this!

Faye
Old 03-21-2004, 02:12 PM   #22  
RAR

Good afternoon everyone hope that you are having a good sunday Shrimp it seems like we all open our mouths at the wrong time!!!!!!!! just glad that you didnt go on a eating binge over it Golden retrivers are beatiful dogs I always had boxers just have one now she is 9 was always my hellion childLOL then wanted a lap dog so settled on a pug who is my hubby dog and son got me a pekeense who is hubby dogLOL HI Faye will look at the forum looks interesting and welcome have a great day Rita
Old 03-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #23  

faye hello
i went down to the store and spent $98.oo today ---also saw one of my old friends and was not feeling....beautiful on the inside or outside -- all the food was ww stuff---came home and read your post and realized i probably gave off the insecurity i was feeling-----as you saw i have alot of weight to lose but with help and suppore i feel ready to began a new life style--not one that revolves around food-- see you over in tfsf...thanks so much

shrimpy

rita--- no, as you can see i went out and spent money-----it sounds like you have alot of babies there also....i forgot to say i have 5 wonderful grandkids ---12,10,8.6.3 and they are all BOYS --have to go up to my mom and dad's ---it is his b-day 83----have to get to bed by 6:00p.m. as i get up at 1:00a.m. to go to work will talk tomarrow shrimpy

Last edited by jumbo shrimp; 03-21-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread