Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #1  

Talking 380... Needs a serious buddy...

Well, good morning.

I'm not too sure what exactly to write about myself as I'm not very good at this.

I'm a 30 yr old living in Houston and I've always been overweight. I moved to TX in 98 and just seemed to let the weight creep higher without really seeing it. Or wanting to i guess.

About 2 years ago, I started making a slight effort to lose weight on and off... Gaining and dropping roughly 30lbs the last few months. I started getting "serious" again this past Jan and have managed to lose about 15lbs.

My problem is, I can only maintain motivation by myself for so long and then I fizzle. I've tried finding people in the area that are around my weight, but they lose interest pretty fast when they realize they have to actually work to lose weight. (Hey.. I know that mindset, I've lived it for many many years... I'm just not there anymore.)

Currently, I am watchinig calories but also incorporating slightly modified Body for Life diet and workouts to it. I try and keep the carbs and proteins even with a minimal amount of fat. I'm human and not perfect so, I eat badly. It happens. I just look at it a day at a time.

What I would like is to find someone (or a group) to be serious with me. So we can keep each other motivated. Not looking for someone to email once a month and say hey how's it coming? I'm not looking for a babysitter either if that's what it is sounding like. I'm just not very good at expressing myself.

My point is after this looong winded blurb is, if you are looking for a serious buddy then... I'm here.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:47 AM   #2  

well alright. you have come to the right place. there is a boatload of inspiration, motivation, tips, recipes, help and everything you need to stick to a diet. friendship is also abundant. post often, and check out all the threads. you will find some great success stories and wonderful works in progress. i wish you great luck. hope to talk to you soon. feel free to pm me if you want.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #3  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hiya, chic! You're in the right place for that support. I've got about 175 pounds to lose, so I know I'll be at this for at least 2 years. I'm 31, live in S. Florida, and know the feeling when everyone around you isn't serious about making these changes.

If you're interested in joining a group, come check out the "miscellaneous clubs" area and jump into the Spring Fling Challenge. Otherwise, feel free to email me, or send a private message. Much success to you!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:04 PM   #4  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Hi Chic,
I'm 28 from Washington State If your looking for a great little group to chat with search under alexias together and you will find one. We love new people to chat with so come on over and check it out.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:50 AM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello:

Just wanted to add my two cents worth. Welcome to the boards! You will find all kinds of great places to visit here.

I would also like to invite you to join a group. We are "300+ And Ready To Try Again". We've been on the site since July of 2000 and have a whole little spot just for us under "support groups". Come on over and take a look and say 'hi'.

We are an eclectic bunch. All different sizes, from all over, all different ages, following all different plans. We love to have new people join us and would welcome you with open arms. Please stop by.....
Old 05-20-2004, 02:54 AM   #6  

I see this is over two months old, but I figured I'd see if you were still interested.

I'm in North Houston and I have a lot of weight to lose too.

I tried e-mailing you but couldn't, so I pm'd you.

Let me know if you are still looking for a weight loss buddy.

Crystal
Closed Thread