Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #1  
clasparm

Default Advice for A Beginner

Hey!

I am new here and really excited about finding this website. I have to loose approx. 100 pounds, my doctor told me this week. Of course, I was not completely unaware of this, I do by my own pants and have been in distress this whole year watching them get so big! (I have had a weight problem my whole life and dieted since the 8th grade) It is my first year of marriage and it is going great-but my weight problem feels out of control. I have started an exercise and diet program-I started January 19th and am stepping it up with more exercies and keeping better track of my calories. I just wanted to say hello and ask for any advice you could give on being newly married and loosing weight
Old 03-05-2004, 03:10 PM   #2  
Keep up the PMA!!

Hiyas!

I'm new to these boards as well! I noticed we have similar weight loss goals and are very nearly the same age Perhaps we can keep in touch and help each other through our goals

Congrats on your new marriage - I've been married for 8yrs (no kids amazingly enough!) I hope your husband is as wonderfully supportive as mine is through all this!

I'm not sure how much advice I have - but to keep plugging along! I think when it comes to permanent weight loss - it needs to be a lifestyle change - and I'm a big advocate of the benefits of exercise! It sounds like you're on the right track

It's very nice to meet you - hope to hear more from ya!

~D~
Old 03-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #3  
clasparm

Default Your Doing Great!!

Hey D,

Thanks so much for the response. I read your earllier post and we do have a lot in common!! I have struggled with my weight my whole life and feel like I am getting it together to make a lifestyle change. My husband is wonderful and supportive. We both want to change our life and become more active and make good food choices. He doesnt have a weight problem, which is a little tough for me at times, especially when he looks handsome and 24 and I feel like I look fat and 27 (being overweight at this age has made me dress and look more conservative, I work with college students all day and I cant believe they are just a few years younger then me, I think being heavy makes you feel old

Anyhow, I am really proud of you! I was thinking this morning, man wouldnt it be great to get 20 pounds off!! Just to prove I can do it!! I cant wait till I can say, its been a month and I have exercised 5 times every week. But, I know I can get there and so can you. I bet if you sit down and really look at your life it has greatly improves already. I try to take it day by day and not dwell on the long range.

I have logged on to the website for the same reason you did, just to talk and get encouragement. I don't feel like I can do it without someone to vent to.

Anyhow, sorry for my long ramble, man I am loud mouth

Thanks again for your post and you really are doing well!!

Clasparm
Closed Thread