Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 10:32 AM   #1  

Thumbs up At a complete loss...

...well this is my first post to this forum and I'm feeling incredibly sorry for myself today so my apologies upfront.

For a number of years, I have tried to get a handle on my weight and I can't seem to do it for very long. As a result, I have yo-yo dieted myself to my heaviest weight ever. I already needed to lose about 35 pounds and then I quit smoking 6 months ago and packed on another 25 pounds in the past six months. Now I'm sitting here with about 60 pounds to lose, I can't seem to STICK with a weight loss program (diet and exercise) for very long without feeling denied and hostile and I'm feeling pitiful and hopeless today. *tears*

I own a succesful business, I have a beautiful child and a wonderful husband and so many blessings yet I can't seem to be happy with those things because my weight is a constant source of sadness for me. I'm hoping that someone can help me drag myself out of this pathetic funk. If you know some magic words, lay 'em on me because I could sure use the encouragement and/or words of hope right about now. *choking back tears*

-S
Old 03-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #2  

Isn't it amazing how we can be so successful in other parts of our lives, but not in what matters most...our own health. Without our health we can't be a good parent, a good partner, or successful in business. You have to make this time the time for you...no one can do it for you and you are sooo worth it. Everyone will benefit from you being more healthy. You will feel more energetic and that will carry over in all parts of your life. You have learned from your past, now carry those experiences over to your future and make this time a success. You can do it! We are all here to encourage each other so keep on posting with updates.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #3  

Default What helped me.

Suedonym,

You sound like me. I could not stay any planned eating regiman for more than a day becaues of the never ending cycle of failing. I am doing much better now because I am keeping track of what I eat on fitday.com. Try it for one day. Don't worry about what you are eating. Eat as you normally would. It was eye opener for me.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #4  

Hi Deb, Hi S, I also have some of the same issues. Dh is great, my best friend. Other things in life are good. Always some issues, but nothing horrible. I was able to quit smoking over a yr ago. (and never hurt or mamed anyone during that time) I am 44, diabetic and when my doc suggested my at least researching bypass surgery, I decided to buckle down. Well I went back on sugar busters on 2/2/04 and have been happy with how I feel and lbs were up and down but as of a week ago I was down 9lbs. Well that lasted 2days. I stayed on program and gained back 7lb as of today. I am so disgusted it's beyond beleif. I don't want to go into a binge, but I feel like my willpower has gotten me nowhere. I don't exercise enough, but there is NO reason to have gained back. I can understand a plateau but to GAIN. I feel sick. Sorry to be so depressing, but I AM SO DEPRESSED!!!!!! Sorry for all the screaming.

Last edited by DonnaD; 03-05-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:12 PM   #5  

Default Dont quit

DonnaD,

Don't quit. The next time I hear from you I hope that you say that you are still on track. If I can do it so can you. I have been going to the gym and working out for 1 year with NO WEIGHT LOSS. I know its because I was not watching my fat grams, which I am doing now. I know I will see results if I keep it up and so will you. Dont give up.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejarrell
DonnaD,

Don't quit. The next time I hear from you I hope that you say that you are still on track. If I can do it so can you. I have been going to the gym and working out for 1 year with NO WEIGHT LOSS. I know its because I was not watching my fat grams, which I am doing now. I know I will see results if I keep it up and so will you. Dont give up.
Debbie, thanks so much for the encouragement I think half of my problem today is that I was so upset I went right for the white carbs and now my head & stomach hurt and I'm so depressed. I guess I have to shake this off and start over tomorrow. The dh heard me going off on one of my sons and from there I started the self pity and he crawled under the covers just to avoid me. Can't say I blame him. He's getting up now. Probably hears me sniffling. I feel like an idiot.

I give you so much credit to keep up the working out. What dedication. (and what you are doing is so good for you) again thanks for the kind words. I really needed it. I was feeling so down
Old 03-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #7  

Default Ugh...*wincing*

I'm reading my pathetic rant from last week and wincing. I KNOW that I need to get started and that a journal of a thousand miles starts with..well, blah, blah, blah..you know the spiel. I am going to get my rather ample bottom to the gym today and start and, hopefully, I will be able to get out of this funk I'm in. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hopefully, the next time you hear from me I'll be more positive.

-S

PS I could sure use a buddy to help me stay on track. Anyone want to hook up for our mutual gain..er..I mean loss? :P
Old 03-07-2004, 02:47 PM   #8  

Default Your all just great... :cheer:

Hi Debbie , s, and ideal.

I am so greatful for this place. I am feeling much better and I too, must get my big body to the gym or on the So now pouting out of the way, let's get to work. Let's keep in touch that's what this place is for. And Debbie I will think of you whenever I don't want to go work out and start making excuses.
Closed Thread