Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #1  

Default Personal Experience with Meridia??? Help!!

Hello Everyone!!!! I have been struggling to lose weight now for 3 years on and off - did it once - big time - and gained it all back - at it again and have not lost too much yet - I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to discuss my weight issues - my doctor wants to discuss the possibility of taking Meridia - a prescription weight loss aid - it aids in slow, consistent weight loss with diet and exercise. He is suggesting this because my sister and mother have diabetes due to obsety and yo yo dieting and he is concerned that I may be heading in that direction. I also am at 40 BMF. I did some research on Meridia as he suggested for our meeting but I am still would like to find out advice/opinions from people who have used it or know someone who has used it. I want to make an extremely well informed decision regardless of which way I decide - I do not want this medicine to be a quick fix for me but I also do not want to develop any medical problems because I did not get a firm enough grasp on my obesity when I had the chance. So, if there is anyone out there with advice, information, etc. Please if you could take the time to share with me tonight I would really appreciate it! Thanks! KIM
Old 02-20-2004, 12:51 PM   #2  

Hi,

I've never taken it, but I searched the site and found a few threads you might like to read:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hlight=Meridia

Note ... these really are THREE different links ... but because of the way they are abreviated, they look the same.

But you know ... looking at your signature line ... you lost 18 pounds in a month, more than a quarter of the weight your were trying to lose. Why do you think you need help from this drug? You are doing great!
Closed Thread