Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #1  

Question i am new,mostly confused

i have been big all of my life.i am hoping to change that.i am very scared of having a heart attack, or something.i have a very limited life, and not sure what i can do to lose weight.basically i am living in a basement right now,all we have to cook on are,a double burner,a griddle,a frydaddy,and a microwave.i hardly get out of this basement,and i have a very bad back, which i refuse to have surgery on.so i would like any advice on how to lose weight on my own.i normally eat decent foods,my problem is the lack of execise because of my back.anything will help,i am new to all of this.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:44 AM   #2  
stbakd

welcome hewysmom. start by cut down on your portions and fat. drink lots of water because it helps get rid of the fat and other things your body doesn't need. eat healthy snacks. your backs problems will ease once you lose weight. good luck. soon. i have back trouble also.
glen
Old 02-15-2004, 12:34 PM   #3  

Default thanks

well thanks!! that will get me started at least.the worst things i eat are fried foods, because of the not having a stove thing.but, other than that i eat lots of veggies, and fruits, cause i have always prefered those over snacks.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #4  
stbakd

how is it going hewsmom? alls well here
glen
Old 02-17-2004, 11:09 PM   #5  

Hi there hewysmom, I am new to this site. I have (and am still) experiencing back problems. I have had more than one physician tell me to get back surgery. I can't!
I have a full life to lead a job and family. See if you can get another opinion on your back. I did through our local University Research Hospital and they said that they don't think I will need the surgery. I will have to go through a series of injections (I can handle this). Not sure what kind of back problems you have, but, it's worth a shot.

Also, from physical therapy I have had, the very best thing for exercise (and it can actually loosen up your back) is just plain old walking. Might not hurt to try.

Could put the fry daddy in storage to help out with the diet plans.

Wishing you the best in your efforts. Hoping for the best in mine, too!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:24 AM   #6  
meat'n'taters gurl

Hi hewysmom! I'm new to the site and trying to see hwo else is new with me. Anyhow, another good way to exercise is swimming, or water aerobics. It lessens the stres on your back and helps distribute the weight in the water. It's easy too. Heck, if you can't get out of the house... you're in the basement!!! Got the makings of a pool right there..... Ok, that's not the best way to do it. Seriously though, a close friend of mine has similar problems after her thyroid gland quit working for her. I hope all goes well, just hang in there!!
Old 02-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #7  

thanks guys!! there are 2 discs in my back that are basically, almost completely gone.i refuse to have surgery, because i ended up with tons of problems,including the back,because my doctor screwed everything up when i had my son.and,my son was a c-section that went wrong also.there are lots of things i could say about that doctor.then after i went through everything with that doctor,i found out he's been sued many times.i never bothered to sue though.i am way too chicken to do things like that.i'd rather just deal with it on my own.i have already done the MRI thing, and been to like 5 doctors that i still see a lot.i don't know to swim,and anyway,i have a real phobia about being out in public.i will say hello to everyone i see, and i am always polite,i am just terrified of being out in public.not sure why,just been this way as long as i can remember.thats why literally, i haven't had any friends in like 5 years.so. i figured that. i am not as shy or scared on the computer. and thought i could find people to talk with online.i know there is something i forgot to say on here,lol.i will say it next time then,lol.anyway,thanks again,and nice meeting you!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:18 PM   #8  

back again hewysmom, the phobia you are speaking of (fear of being out in public) is not uncommon. maybe the next time you see your Dr you could mention it and see what they can do to help you over come you phobia. I'm betting your so would love to play with his Mom outside.

Old 02-18-2004, 03:15 PM   #9  

well,i am on medicaid, because of not working in like 2 years.they will only pay for so much,which i can understand.so i am very limited in what i can ask the doctor for.i have zero income,so i can't get anything on my own.and yeah,i try to get outside sometimes with my son.only at my mom's house though.she has a fenced in yard with trees.
Closed Thread