Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default New Year, New Me

Hi everybody, just celebrated my 46th birthday, and decided that this is the year I am going to change myself. I joined Weight Watchers ( a good first step), and after a couple weeks, I plan to start an exercise program, but don't want to change too much too fast.
My whole life is changing. My youngest is in 1st year of college, and my oldest doesn't live at home. My kids don't need me as much as they used to (this is very sad for me) and my husband is pretty low maintenance, so I have a lot of free time (I only work part time) so I am thinking that I can use all my free time to research and cook good, healthy food, exercise, and do things just for me.
I am pretty used to taking care of things for everybody else, so this will be a change for me, but I think that I will like it, once I get started.
Would love to "buddy up" with someone, in this first step of weight loss, something I have never really attempted before. I know I will need some help.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:43 AM   #2  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Hey there!!

Hey we already have 1 thing in common......HOCKEY!!!

I am almost 38. I started Jan 2nd at 189 and had my first weight in on Friday at 185.....yaaaa me I have a long way to go down a road I have tried before. I have had success but gainned it all back and then some. I think what happened was I lost too much and felt terrible and that scared me a little so I started eatting like crazy and have made may half hearted attempts at losing again but healthy. So here we are 2004 heavier then ever. I have a good feeling this time, I also have some friends who are having success so I am a little jealous Anyways I won't chat your ear off. Basically I am doing a little WW and trying to control carbs as I am addicted as well as cut down on sugar. I have started a exercise program and my hubby is walking with me. Would love to buddy up with you.

Have a great day
Old 01-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Hockeychic, Would love to keep in touch with you, Lots of similiarities. I love hockey, have 2 sons that play and very much enjoy watching---anybody. RedWings, Local AHL team, college, high school, even squirts/mites.
I started WW on Jan 9 at 203, don't really know where I want to be, but 140 sounds good. Although that sounds a long way off.
Want to try and lose 20 lbs by this summer. My husband has a Harley, and I love to ride with him. He is doing Atkins right now, but I don't like meat, eggs and cheese all that much. He has lost about 25 lbs, but I need fruit and vegies and BREAD. Have to get going now. Am on my way to a hockey game (of course!!). Keep in touch.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:12 PM   #4  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hey there,

Just came back from my daughters tourney. Funny how your life revolves around the arena. I love it also, will watch anyone but my favorite team is my daughters team followed closley by the Leafs, I also like Detroit they consistantly put out a good team. I am not doing to good today but am trying to get back on track, but with 2 football games and 1 hockey game today I might be in trouble.

Hope you have a great day and I will check in later.
Closed Thread