Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2024, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default Hello out there!!

Hello,

I am a petite overweight mom in her 40ísÖ.I am currently in the 150ís and would be totally within normal BMI to be in the 130ís or even 120ís. I have Hashimotoís, but I think my real struggle is with self-discipline around food. Wow, I do struggle with not having desserts 2xís per day (I barely even realize Iím doing it!) Also eat a lot more calories than my body needs and a lot more carbs. Food has been my source of comfort, just need to turn it into a healthy source on comfort as opposed to eating so many convenience foods. Eat out a lot, and would like to stop that so I can be healthier and save money in the process. I think, if Iím honest with myself, I eat out to both ďtreatĒ myself but also to get some human contact.

I got pretty depressed in December & January, and stopped moving my body, spent a lot of time in bed. That was not helpful. But lately I have started moving again via exercise classes, and am logging and working on Noom. My food continues to be a problem, although I have learned that if I donít exercise itís an even BIGGER problem - so if I exercise things are not perfect but they are better because I donít want to waste the effort I put in.

Last noteÖexercising has been very consciousness-raising for me. Iím amazed at how much health I lost being depressed for 2 months, and how hard it has been for me to keep up in exercise classes and how sore Iíve been. I got to the point where going up a flight of stairs was an actual strain. Thatís a big deal for me. I will also say that these classes have been great and I am already getting some cardiovascular fitness and strength back! Itís in there!
Hope4Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:30 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hope4Loss, I hope you find the support to continue your journey.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exercise to lose weight, food health, hashimotos, weight loss, weight loss depression