Newbie Looking for Some Support With Binging/Accountability - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/190/140

Height: 5'6

Default Newbie Looking for Some Support With Binging/Accountability

Hey everyone,

I'm no stranger to dieting unfortunately. Throughout high school I stayed around 180 lbs, and finally lost it all (got down to 135) after graduation. I was able to maintain that for most of my 20s until I met my significant other. Too many date nights at country restaurants combined with less worry about my looks got my weight up to around 220-230 at it's highest. I've yo-yo'd for the last 5 years or so anywhere between 175-220, always ending up back at the high end.

We are expecting our first child soon, and I wanted to get in better shape for him. I don't want to be an out of shape parent who can't keep up, and he deserves to live a healthy life with healthy role models.

That was really inspirational to me, so during COVID I buckled down with 4-5 days of exercise and calorie counting, and lost about 20 lbs.

The problem is now I've began to repeat my same old pattern. We took a trip to visit family and I took a break from calorie counting since I wasn't in control of my foods. I had a lot of anxiety about that, and talked with my SO about my fears that I would fall off the wagon. I promised myself I'd make smarter choices, and even brought a sandbag to workout with.

Well, the first morning I did work out, but that was about it. I ate poorly, but not terribly. Now that we are back home I've been binging. I will food prep for the week, log calories in the morning of what I plan to eat. I generally do well for breakfast and lunch, but by the afternoon I tend to go off the rails.

I'm just really frustrated with myself, and am struggling to get this back in check again. I still have a ways to go, and I hate that I'm backsliding now. I think maybe now that we are getting closer to a due date I'm letting some level of stress get the better of me. I'm not sure where to go from here in terms of support resources. I just want to get my heart back in the game and I'm struggling.
mogmog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge eating, calorie counting, control