Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/208/120

Height: 5'7"

Cool Finally Ready

Hello!

I'm JolieLaide/JL/JLB, and I live in Texas. I've been overweight since elementary school. I signed up for this website a while ago, but I wasn't ready back then. I didn't think I needed a community like this until the other day when I was talking to a friend of mine. Bless their heart, they're a skinny hourglass and have been their whole life. Every time I talk about my weight, their judgment is palpable. They're one of my closest friends, but talking to them about my body issues and appearance insecurities makes me question our friendship and shakes my confidence, even though they're not necessarily critical or cruel. It made me realize that I don't have any people in my life I feel comfortable talking to about my weight -- and also that I need someone to talk to about my weight! I hope to find that community here. Or at least a good place to vent.

The stats: I'm currently 211lb, waist at 33.5". My goal is 120lb/25" waist in 18 months. It's an ambitious goal, but it's what I really want, so I'm going after it. I'm finally ready to make some lifestyle changes and go after the strong, healthy body that I've always wanted and never had.

I want to fit in to cheaper, more attractive clothing. I want to date better looking men and women (I'm bi). I want to be treated better. I want to feel strong and capable -- to play sports and not feel like the fat kid in gym class (for once). I want to be healthy, and for my knees not to hurt if I stand up too long, and maybe even for my feet to go back to their old shape so I can stop buying 'wide' shoes. I want to feel like my positive self image is based on more than wishful thinking.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by jolielaideballoon; 08-09-2019 at 09:33 PM.
jolielaideballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/232/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi JolieLaide - it sounds like you are really ready! Welcome to the site. It is a good community to share ideas and even to vent!

I always think the best thing to do is to join some of the active challenge threads and get to know some of the other people who you can help or vice versa.

Welcome again.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote