Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #1  
NanRN

Smile Getting Obera in 3 weeks!!!!

I知 pretty nervous about the nausea I have to say I知 praying it will only last a few days! Im very determined to loose 40lbs. I知 163 and my goal is 125 (I知 only 5 2) And I致e tried almost everything, same old story I guess. I知 turning 60 in December and that痴 about the time the balloon come out so I have an excellent motivator to reach my goal when I turn 60 (December 15th).
Looking forward to connecting with everyone to gather and share information.
Nanrn59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #2  
mjf

I just googled Orbera and it sounds like a waste of money. Why would you spend $6000 on an expensive procedure, when you can lose 40 lbs in 5 months just by improving your diet? It would be much cheaper to visit a good dietitian who can teach you how to eat a healthy and balanced diet.

If you want to be able to maintain a weight of 125 lbs, you're going to have to improve your diet anyway. If you go back to your old eating habits, you'll regain whatever weight you lost.

When you say you've tried almost everything, which diets have you tried?
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #3  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/190.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Good luck in your choice to get a balloon. The balloon will fill your stomach making it easier to eat less and lose weight. Follow the eating plan exactly. It is easy to cheat with an Obera in place. Some foods naturally pass through the stomach easier than others. Beware of carbs and liquids in particular. If you follow the plan, you can lose the weight in the time frame. Hopefully you will retrain your tastebuds and palate so you can maintain the weight loss after removal.

The nausea is real though. Most docs will give you a regimen of anti nausea meds but truly it takes time for the nausea to pass. Give it 3-4 days at minimum to notice a difference. Try your best to stay hydrated during this time. In extreme cases you might require IV hydration.

Eileen
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote