Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #1  

Default New reshape Nov 20

Hi. I just had the reshape placed on Tuesday. Had a really rough first day and a half. Couldn’t stop the vommiting but I’m happy to say that seems to be gone. I’m still very nauseas and weak. Am doing a lot of sleeping. Trying to drink fluids but nothing is quenching my thirst and if I drink a big swallow it literally causes pain. Is this all normal?? Suggestions??
Msmeallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 367/349/200

Height: 5'9"

Yes, that's totally normal although frequent vomiting may be something you want to report to your doctor. You should be constantly sipping water all day long. The thirst will subside as your body continues to rid itself of the anesthetic and as you catch up on the water you missed out on in earlier days. You will also feel a bit weak until you begin eating more carbohydrates -- for me, I felt like I was going to fall over from lack of energy for about a week until I began to eat mashed potatoes.

This is all normal, so hang in there, take small small small sips all day long, drink some protein shakes (small sips of those, too!), it will get better as your body gets stronger!

Do you have an aftercare program?
MyGenericUserName is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new balloon