Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #1  

Default New Member

This is my first day on my new eating plan. I am 161.8 lbs and my goal weight is 125 lbs. so, I have about 37lbs to lose. I have no support sytem whatsoever. Husband travels and when I have lost weight he claims he has always lost more...so discouraging. Friends who are overweight have no desire to lose or start a challenge or are already at goal. Family when preparing meals fix all the wrong things. I realize this is a solo journey and totally up to me, but I hope I can gain some encouragement from these forums. Everyone reaches a time when they are discouraged. I seem to be a yo-yo dieter so I must do this for myself. I decided to follow the 17 day diet since I feel better when I am on it and it does produce results. Portion control, and just healthy eating is what I need to learn. I stress out easily, and there seems to be always stress to deal with but hope walking more, exercise will help aleviate some of the stressful feelings. Wishing everyone a successful day and hope we all reach our desired goals.
Atlantapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Atlanta! Just take each day as it comes. Yes, it can be lonely and hard when those around you aren’t dieting as well. Jump in where you feel will give you the support you need and participate. There an awful lot of helpful people who will cheer you on and encourage you on your journey. Mine has been slow slow going - but I keep trying and find I do better when I post and remain active here.

Good luck to you!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #3  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantapeach View Post
I decided to follow the 17 day diet since I feel better when I am on it and it does produce results. Portion control, and just healthy eating is what I need to learn.
What are you going to do after the 17 days are over? If you want to lose weight successfully and then keep the weight off, I suggest finding a healthy diet that you'll be able to stick to forever.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #4  
I DEFINE ME

S/C/G: 160/246/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Sounds like stress control may become your first ally! if you can maintain your stress levels then dieting may come easier. there are a few ways each day to help lower
stress ... morning meditation, getting adequate sunlight, adequate sleep, yoga, short walks throughout the day to clear mind... I understand 100% about the husbands competitiveness, it's not helpful. maybe you should let your results do the talking and just say you're just trying a healthy approach to life so he won't compare his "success " to your attempts? best of luck! you can do this ��
EYchase is offline   Reply With Quote