Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie

Hi everyone!
I am new here and just thought I would introduce myself and give a little insight on what brought me here!
My name is Ashley, and I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Even as a child I was always on the heavier side and at the top of all the doctors charts for height and weight. My teen years I worked hard to slim out so I could fit in and I joined volleyball, soccer and cheerleading which kept me pretty fit. Fast forward to my adult years, I got married at the young age of 18 to a narcissist unbeknownst to myself at the time and had our first son right after. During my pregnancy my husband was deployed and I didn't know anybody where we lived so I was hormonal and depressed and turned to food. I to slowly gain weight but it wasn't until after my son was born and my husband returned from overseas that I really lost control. Our marriage was going downhill and the depression became much worse and next thing I knew I was pregnant with our second and 6 months later I was going through a divorce. Now I was alone, pregnant and raising our 3 year old by myself and again I turned to food for comfort. I became a binge eater with a very unhealthy addiction to food and I have struggled with this ever since.

My children are now 9 and 6 and I am still in the same boat if not worse than before. I have been to countless nutritionists and dieticians and doctors for help but the problem I face is I have no support and it is too easy to just fall back into old habits. I will start to do well and eat healthy and exercise for about a week or two and then a small craving sends me plummeting downhill again. I seemed to be stuck at the same weight for years with it fluctuating up and down a bit but today I saw my doctor and was weighed for the first time in a long time and discovered I have gained 16 lbs and am now heavier than I have ever been and now I'm dealing with other health issues and I decided something has GOT to change and I can't wait any longer. I am hoping with some support I will be able to stay on track and I am currently looking for someone local to workout with that can hold me accountable when I slip up. Hoping to start seeing some changes and I look forward to being part of the forum!
Amariep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/198/148

Height: 5'4

Smile

Hey Amariep,

I just joined this community last night, and it will be my first time doing something like this! I am unsure how to navigate all of the forums LOL. Good Luck on your weight loss journey! I too, am struggling with an unhealthy relationship with food. In the past year alone I gained 27 pounds. It's really something because it sneaks up on you. I didnt know I had an increase in how much I ate, or how unhealthy I began to eat until friends, and even my significant other called me out on it. Everyone started to tell me that when I eat, I eat way too much, and that hurts when you are an adult and someone has to tell you that. And its pretty embarrassing at that when you hear it from multiple people and just one!

Anyways, welcome! We'll get back down on our weight for sure.
fit150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome to 3FatChicks! Look around the forum and if you see a topic that interests you, jump right on it! There are a lot of friendly people here willing to give and receive support and encouragement.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #4  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi Ameripep and Fit 150, great to see you both here.

Ameripep that sounds like you've really had some tough situations, although probably good that you escaped the narcissist. I had to work with one, once. She tore the place to pieces.
It's actually good that you've tried dieting before for I reckon - call it practicing . Sometimes you just need to get those failed attempts out of the way and learn what doesn't work before you can get the big success.
This time it's different and you're ready!! You don't believe this yet, but it's actually fun and rewarding once you get going, so not the tough slog that you're expecting! But the first bit is hard to stick to, so make yourself get past that, and then promising you lots of rewards afterwards! This website is great - lots of different people taking different approaches, and lots of challenges and chat places to join for support.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote