Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2018, 02:23 AM   #1  

Default Hi and welcome.... to me

Hi there - did a search on google, found this place and here I am!

To be honest I haven't really looked around but hope I've found the kick in the arse I'm searching for.

I've struggled with my weight and been very very obese the majority of my life. Around 15 years ago when I thought I was rock bottom, and so very lonely I joined Jenny Craig. I did really well and got to 94kg at my lowest (highest recorded weight was 168kg).

I found a new love for life and loved the fact I was found attractive. Was a boost in confidence and had a lot of fun (clothes on kind of fun!)!

I ended up moving in to a flat and meeting my now wife - and a few years later have the most adorable son in the world.

Between meeting my wife and marrying, I ended up in London for a few months and again loved it. I didn't really struggle with my weight but found myself not as strict with my diet and did return home heavier than when I left.

Since my return I've constantly put on weight and gotten heavier and heavier and I'm now really concerned I'm going to be close to my top weight again.

I've tried Jenny Craig again, tried gym memberships but feel as though it's an impossible mission - to lose so much weight and it's dragging me down.

I get grumpy with my family too easy and feel like I'm in a rut - which is impossible to get out of.

I feel as though I've been trying to make half arsed efforts for the last 18+ months and my weight hasn't changed at all.

So here is my question to anyone who's decided to read this far - has anyone else been here and where do I start!

Thank you for listening, and hello!

Last edited by ffnz; 01-29-2018 at 02:26 AM.
ffnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome from across the pond!

Sure I’ve been in your shoes and I’ve started and lost and then gained and finally, finally since last August I said to myself it was enough. I’m an older parent and I didn’t want to be the fatty, older parent, I also wasn’t liking what I had seen in photos - I made my DH take photos of me in a swimsuit of all 4 sides of me at that time. When I was reviewing the rear view I knew I wanted to work on myself. I had let myself go after multiple miscarriages and job losses - eating my weight with worry and stress and not keeping up with my kids and not being happy with me.

I think what helps me is coming here and weighing daily and putting it out there. I began counting calories but didn’t find I kept to it and felt too micromanaged by myself. One of the ladies I met here suggested intermittent fasting and I’ve been trying to practice since. And with that change the scale has been moving down and giving my body a bit of a new shape. Is my dieting perfect? No. Is my exercise on task? No, I struggle with wanting to do so or finding time. Mainly lack of excitement yet on that but hope to find my mojo soon.

So I guess what I am saying is it’s a journey - good or bad - life pops up all along it, but if your willing to try it out and see if you can make changes as you go along - then it may work for you. Sometimes people find their stride and do well right off, and others like me go the slow path of up and down but hope to reach success.

What I suggest is find a thread that you enjoy and jump in. Lots of like minded people who are on the same path as you - they’ll help cheer you on, let you vent - whatever the case. Just stop in and say hello and start posting. I’ve found support w the regainers (even though I never have hit a goal weight ever!) they are a good group helping me on this journey and cheer me on the way.

Welcome again and good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote