Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2018, 06:30 AM   #1  

Location: A lil country town about 300kms North of Adelaide in Sth Australia

S/C/G: 161/143/100 kgs

Default Hello from downunder

Hi
So I stumbled across the site by accident and I’m glad to find an online community that I know how to use.

So I’m 38 soon to head into my last year of a 30 something eeek and late last year NOvemeber the 8th to be precise I started my journey.

A little about me...I’m 38..live in a little country town in Sth Australia. I have no children, and I have a partner who isn’t excited about my weight loss like I am. (A little self esteem problem I think, however he isn’t my weight so I don’t know what his problem is)
So in NOvemeber I started optifast. This week I moved to Isowhey due to taste and finances. And for my meals I’ve incorporated Keto recipes. Ballsy move I know but omg there is only so much a girl could take. Hence another reason why I also went to isowhey when optifast is very low cal. However I’m still finding I’m below my calorie intake for the day most days.

My weighty stuff is in my profile
However just a snap shot
In NOvemeber I was at my heaviest. 161kgs. God I hated myself and for those that know me, always see my as happy and go lucky and yeah I was like 😮
So I decided to do something. I started walking and doing optifast after a month though I found I was doing 6kms a day in an hour and then another 5-6kms at work. So I stopped walking and now do body groove. It’s awesome. Plus I have a splashier pool and being summer I’m in it most days. And just playing around for a couple of hours burns heaps of calories so yay 👍🏻.
Sooo about 10 weeks in I’m at 143.9kgs.
My goals are 10kgs apart and each goal I’ve decided to do something nice for myself. Not clothes though. I’m waiting till I’m at my goal weight. Which is 100kgs. I know I could go more but I’m like the last time I was 100kgs I was like 18. It’s enough for now and that’s 61kgs.

anyways enough of my words.
Hope people stop by and say hello.
So Helle o
Girldownunder79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #2  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi GDU, I live just round the corner! (sort of).
Big congrats on the 18kg - that's a fantastic effort.
I've not heard of the food things you're trying, but I've just (re) started on my plan with calorie counting, so I can relate to that bit.
Whatever you're doing it's working - and also great that you're not letting your partner influence your resolve.
Great idea for the mini-goals. I'm trying to think of one for myself - probably after a certain time-period of sticking to plan (not food or clothes related either), haven't quite decided yet.....
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote