Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #1  

Default Hello all!

Hiya!

I'm excited to be here. Quite awhile back I belonged to another WL forum, though a smaller group. I found the support, encoragement and sharing of journeys very helpful.

A bit about me...

I'm 53 (as of yesterday!), married and mom to two daughters who are 20 and 21.

My previous attempt to lose weight, seriously, not just saying "I'm working on it" was several years ago. I was following Weight Watchers at the time, and it was successful for me, I needed to lose 90 pounds a I had lost 49 pounds. Unfortunately, a bad round of gall bladder attacks ending in emergency surgery knocked me for a loop. And I think the last 10 pounds or so that I lost were due to not the gall bladders issues.

I did gain a back about 10 pounds and fluctuated about 5 pounds back and forth. I managed to stay there for several years, until a car accident. Continuting back pain put an end to the walking I used to do, thought I still managed to only gain a few more pounds. The more I gained, the more my back hurt the less I did, even around the house, which let to more wight. It's been a bad cycle. In the last few months I began to slowly gain more back until I was 8 pounds from my original starting weight when I went to WW.

It was time to get serious about WL again. I'm back at WW as of 2 weeks ago. This morning I found your forum and realized I had not had that type of support, from those who are going through the same things, since the first time I lost weight.

The first 2 weeks have gone well, and I know the program works for me, so that really keeps me motivated.

*whew*
That was more long-winded that I planned! A long way to say, I'm happy to be here!
RonaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! Hop in wherever you feel like - it’s a good group of helpful people. It sounds like you are taking time for yourself right now, good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi and happy birthday!!!! I'm also a WWer and I am LOVING this version! Welcome back to WW and best of luck. Try out Connect if you haven't yet. I don't post that much but I find it very motivational.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote