Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-24-2016, 05:11 PM   #1  

Default Where to start?

Hello everyone.

My name is Lauren, i'm 24 and currently weigh just over 18 stone.

I need help. Im grossly overweight but so unmotivated to do anything about it. Apart from my weight, I am healthy, so I know it wouldn't be particularly difficult to shift some of it. My only problem is, I usually start these fad diets, lose 6 or 7 pounds then go back to bad habits and end up giving up. I really need some advice on where to start! I have a gym membership, which is only down the road and kindly paid for as a benefit in kind by work, my only issue is spending money on fresh, healthy food. As I know this can get expensive, and as I live on my own I am cooking for one, which makes meals very awkward and wasteful!

Does anyone have any tips on savvy healthy food prep?

I am hoping by joining a weight loss community like this one it will keep me motivated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I am aiming to lose 2/3 lbs per week. With a 3 stone loss (as a starting goal) in total.

Thank you!

x
penneywenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 PM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Welcome Lauren!!!! Where are you from?

I started in January at 23st.1 < that was literally my face when I saw it on the scale. The typical mistake to make is to think that 2/3 lbs a week is sustainable, because it isn't. When you make goals for yourself that you cannot keep up weekly, makes you want to give up before you have already started. I am also assuming that you didn't put this weight on over night, so you need to remember that it won't leave you in a month either. If you are really determined to trim down, then I advice that you aim to lose just 1 lbs a week, anything more than that is a bonus! The fact that you live alone is actually a god cent, that means that you don't have to prepare or thing about food for anyone else daily.

Advice:
1) Do not join any of the advertised weight loss clubs (Weight Watchers/ Slimming World)
2) Make a chart that allows you to write in your weekly weigh-inns and stick it to the back of your bedroom door or something like that.
3) Give yourself mini goals
4) Download the App, My Fitness Pal if you haven't already
5) Invest in Kitchen scales and start weighing EVERYTHING (and tracking food on the app)
6) Invest at some point in the Weight Watchers Scales in Argos or similar, they tell you everything you will ever need to know.

When it comes to food prep.... I can help if you are in the UK, if not then I can't lol food is different everywhere. So let me know
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote