Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #1  

Default "New" mom!

I say "new" because my son is 1. But it all feels new to me still. I think I'll say "new" until I have a second kid. Because then everything I'm experiencing isn't new anymore, right?

I've always struggled with my body image and with my weight. I was 5'7" ~160 before getting pregnant. I was pretty active, loved the gym, ate really healthy, and over all was ok with my weight. I gained about 22 lbs during my pregnancy and worked out the entire time.

After having my son, I immidiately went into post part I'm anxiety. I was put on anti-anxiety meds, but while Waiting for them to kick in, I was having a lot of panic attacks and had a complete loss of appetite for weeks. The positive side to this is that I was in prepregnancy jean 4 days post partum and down 5 lbs from my prepregnancy weight a couple weeks after my son was born.

Now that the medication is doing it's job, I have increased (majorly) appetite and am lethargic and exhausted all the time. I've gained quite a few pounds back.

I need support, motivation, inspiration, accountability. All of it.
BrittanyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/207/132 -- 98/94/60

Height: 5'6" -- 168cm

Hi Brittany, I've just joined too...good to know I'm not alone...my son is 9 months and I started having panic attacks (for the first time in my life) at 8 weeks pregnant, unfortunately, I went the opposite way and ate like crazy and put on 30kg+. I still get panic attacks but usually late at night and my hubby helps me through them, not sure why I get them as I'm not depressed or anything. Anyway, good luck with it and look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Kailou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti depressants, depression, mom