Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-20-2016, 04:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/212/120

Cool Hi!

Hi,

I started Zyprexa (Olanzapine) in May 2014 and went from 120 pounds to 220 pounds in a little over a year. I'd never been overweight before but I developed binge eating disorder and was eating constantly to the point of nausea. It was frightening how out of control I felt.

Earlier this year I had my dose of Zyprexa reduced significantly. It no longer gives me extreme hunger. Now I'm on a mission to lose 100 pounds and fit into my clothes again.

I must say, it's been humbling being this size because I understand how vilified obese people are. I've had many rude comments by members of the same and opposite sex that have made me want to cry. If I wasn't on medication which stops me from crying I would definitely cry!!

I really think this is a great place of support for people going through the struggle of weight and food.

I am starting the optifast diet tomorrow. I know it has its critics but I'm really an all or nothing girl. And right now I need an eating plan that eradicates choice.

Sending well wishes to all,

Lily01
lily01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5

Hi Lily,

I'm so sorry to hear that and I've been through the exact same thing. I gained weight because of meds and I know olanzipine is so bad for weight gain. I've never heard of the optifast diet, what is it? I wish you the very best on your journey love and good luck
truddy is offline   Reply With Quote