Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2016, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 382/382/340

Height: 5'10"

Wink The Insanity Needs to Stop!

Hi, everyone! I am new to this forum but looking forward to participating. I am Just trying to get back on track after an emotional year of eating myself into oblivion.

I have always been plump, as far back as I can remember. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. In 2010 I weighed in at 389 pounds. I joined Weight Watchers and was successful in losing 80 pounds! Woo Hoo! I was so proud of myself!

Then, my youngest daughter began dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts at age 10. My world was turned upside down. It was so difficult watching her change from a happy, playful, beautiful, girl into a struggling, depressed, being that I didn't recognize. Every day it felt like my heart would break all over again. No matter how hard I tried to make it all right, nothing worked.

That's when I began stress eating again. I would cry all day and just eat anything that made me feel better. I wasn't concerned with my own struggles any longer. I only wanted her to get better. To stop talking about ending her life. It has been so very hard.

I spent over a year eating to make myself feel numb. And it worked.

Now we have been in therapy for well over a year, and we are doing much better. I am not on such a roller coaster ride anymore with my emotions. Unfortunately, I put on nearly every ounce that I lost.

Flash forward to right now! 382 pounds.

My weight has gotten so out of hand that I am now having difficulty with mobility. That's why I am here. I need to be able to connect with people who have felt the struggle but continue to fight for good health.

I know that I will start my diet strong, but in a few weeks when I start to falter, I know I need to be able to connect with others who feel my pain.

I am on a doctor's supervised, low carb weight loss program. I really like eating the Paleo way, but I still like cheese so it isn't true Paleo.

My first goal is to get down to 340 because I know that I could walk better at that weight. My goal date is September 1st.

Well, that pretty much sums me up. I welcome comments and look forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks for reading!
Paisleyfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

Hi Paisley! I'm so sorry about your daughter, I can't imagine what it was like for you to watch her battle depression. You sound like a fantastic mama. I'm glad things are moving in a better direction!

I can definitely relate to the emotional eating; I'm one by nature and it's worse since my father just passed away. Losing weight is hard enough, but life doesn't stop for us, does it? That's one of the best things about this forum; the support is always so encouraging!

I'm a paleo fan too, and eat that way most of the time (except I do eat beans). Best of luck to you! Hope to "see" you around the boards here and hear more about the progress you'll make!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #3  
Get up and do something!

S/C/G: 265/260/175

Height: 5.9

#paisleyfuzz

Depression is one of the things that hit me hard back in the day.
Depression is no joking!

I decided that it would be easier to just end everything... so I was trying to decide the most painless way to go away... I know I'm a big brave man! Sooo i decided that jumping from the 11th floor would do it. I don't know if it was god, faith, coincidence but the elevator was broken... the effort was to big(i guess sometimes it is good to be lazy) so I just decided to go home only to find my familly looking for me and everyone was in tears and taught that I would do something rekless(i did leave a strange message... before I left) the moment I saw everyone there for me I knew that if I would of done something bad that it is them that would have to suffer 10 times more than I did.

Things got better I started to socialize more my family got even more involved with me. Things got better. Except my freaking weight.

But I did some research in how much Inshould weight some foods that I must avoid and how much workout I need to do so I could lose at least 1-2 pounds a week. It does not look that hard to be honest and there are no excuses for me not now.

I hope your daughter is all fine now.

And I hope you will get healthier and more fit by the day.

From what I saw on the forum this is the best place for you right now! Dont cheat do your best and you will be the next top model!!!!!

Let's do this!
Alex8820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and -- Glad you are feeling better again and it is good that you are getting a doctor's supervision for your weight loss. Many of us here are emotional eaters... which is what got us in this shape in the first place... so can understand that. I hope your daughter continues to get better; that would be a tough thing to deal with.

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, newbie