Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2016, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/272/190

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hey Guys

Hey there,
My name is Maranda and I'm just a new mommy trying to lose the baby weight and then some. I just recently discovered this forum while looking up some information on a drink. Anyways, when I got pregnant I weighed 260 and then I gained 20 lbs during those 9 months, ultimately bottoming out at and staying around 280 for several months; mainly because I was fortunate enough to stay at home and watch my baby boy grow. Unfortunately, my time at home had to be cut and I decided to get back into working. The good news is, since I've been working I've lost anywhere between 8 - 12 lbs, depending on the time of day and what I'm wearing. I'm hoping to break past that 200 lb mark, but it's a difficult thing for me to do.

It's hard because I have several obstacles surrounding me. One is the fact that between working, being a wife and mommy and having a husband who works nights*; I hardly have time or the funds, to have a gym membership. Plus I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest gym is several miles away. Speaking of funds, that’s a different obstacle. It’s hard to eat healthy when healthy and fresh food is always double or triple the price of unhealthy, processed foods. Another obstacle of mine is laziness. After work I hardly have the energy to cook a decent dinner, that’s also unfortunately where the processed foods come into play and/or ordering out. I also LOVE my soda and eating out, but lately I’ve been lucky in trying to cut down on the soda. I try and drink water but after so long I get tired of it and need something with flavoring in it.

Maybe I’m making excuses, I don’t know anymore. Maybe you guys can give me some ideas of workouts I can do at home, some easy, quick and healthy meals I can make, and some tasty water substitute.
*I added this asterisk because the fact that my husband works midnights and needs his sleep. By the time I get home he is getting ready for bed, I’m lucky if we get an hour together before he heads off to dream land. So going to the gym every day after work is hard, especially when he have an infant at home. Going to the gym before work is hard as well because my sister watches my son while I’m at work and she isn’t open to getting up at 6 am so I can drop him off and spend an hour before work.
YogiMama is offline   Reply With Quote