Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/255/140

Height: 5'11

Default Longtime Lurker Finally Saying Hello!

Hello all! I've been a lurker here for years but I'm finally introducing myself.
I found this site years ago when I first started the MRC diet, but much like that diet, I did not stick with it.
But now I'm back and this time I've decided to be an active poster! Or at least semi-active. I'm mentally in a really good place, I'm financially sound (though I'm not doing MRC again because it's just too expensive), I've got a real life weight loss support system, and I've got some mini goals set for every 4 months or so that I am going to try and reach. I know that mini goals will help me reach my long term goal of losing 120+lbs, so I think I'm in good shape to move forward.
I can't to start interacting with all of you to give more encouragement, get more encouragement, and share fantastic recipes!
FredZesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #2  

Default Heyy

Hi FredZesty!

All the best with yor goals. Sounds like you have it all planned out! And yass let's encourage eachother through this!!

I'm new to this stuff. Since you seem to know what you are doing, I hope you wouldn't mind me asking a few questions .
I was wondering how you pre-plan for what things would look like in a few months? I just decided to begin trying last december, and I'm finding it difficult to plan ahead; basically I fell short of my app's predictions.
Sd360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #3  

Honestly, I'm just going by my best guess. I've been dieting on and off for so long that I know how my body reacts to different things and how much weight I can anticipate losing in a good week (which is usually about 2 pounds). Plus, I'm not looking at my goals at "reach X weight by Y date", but rather as "keep dieting and working so you can feel even better by Y date". That way it's less about numbers and more about how I feel. Does that make sense?
Also, I keep reminding myself (and even have it on hand written cards around my house) that it's okay to not reach goals and it's okay to fall of the wagon sometimes, I just have to keep going.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #4  

Honestly, I'm just going by my best guess. I've been dieting on and off for so long that I know how my body reacts to different things and how much weight I can anticipate losing in a good week (which is usually about 2 pounds). Plus, I'm not looking at my goals at "reach X weight by Y date", but rather as "keep dieting and working so you can feel even better by Y date". That way it's less about numbers and more about how I feel. Does that make sense?
Also, I keep reminding myself (and even have it on hand written cards around my house) that it's okay to not reach goals and it's okay to fall of the wagon sometimes, I just have to keep going.