Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #1  

Talking Had a real health scare last month

They thought it was my heart, but no. Some kind of obscure infection in my cartilage was making me feel weak and very ill. Good news is it's treatable and will eventually subside.

The good news is before Christmas (when I began feeling ill) I weighed about 235, down from an all time high of 263 a few years ago.

I'm now (docs office yesterday 211.8) I don't remember the last time I weighed that little, but I know it had to be 20 years ago.

I'd like to keep it up. Unfortunately, my appetite is starting to come back and anything but the most moderate exercise (like walking to the mailbox) is out for the time being.
jimmychoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the weightloss so far!

Wow, that does sound scary. Did the medication, to heal the infection, hinder your dieting at all?
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #3  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, jimmychoo!
I'm glad that the doctors figured it out. You know, you can get a lot done with what you eat. They say that weight loss is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. You can certainly add in the exercise when you are able to.
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 AM   #4  

No, the meds, even the steroids did nothing to affect weight loss. I was so sick I just didn't want to eat. I was very surprised when I had lost 10+lbs in two weeks between doctor visits.
jimmychoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Well good luck on your healing. Just remember that steroids can be sneaky and make you crave sugar. At least that's always been my experience. I do hope you heal well and keep on with your loss. Good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote