Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-11-2015, 07:09 AM   #1  

Default New Here- Sharing my story

I am 26 years old. I am a new wife (married on June 20, 2015). I am a special education teacher. My husband and I are in the process of buying our first house. We actually get to close on the house on December 4.

I have always struggled with weight for as long as I remember. When I was in high school I was anorexic and weigh all of 85 pounds at 5 foot 7 inches tall. I looked like a walking skeleton when I look back at my pictures. When I got to college I became depressed and starting to overate and became an emotional eater. I tried to get the weight off on my own but anytime I became upset I would just eat and eat. I tried weight watchers last year it work but I hit a serious plateau and didn't lose weight or inches for over 3 months and I became frustrated and gave up. So, here I sit at 283 pounds miserable and unhealthy.

I want to lose 120 pounds and be happy and healthy for me. I also want to eventually start trying to have a baby but I am not wanting to do that until I lose 50-60 pounds. I want to be healthier and to be able to provide the baby with a healthier environment than what I have going on now.

I also think that the reason I give up so easily is that I never have anyone to share my accomplishments, struggles, and motivation with. It sucks when you have to do things along and I get discouraged easily. Which is why I am here, looking for support and eager to provide others with the support that they may need.
mrsstepasyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:35 AM   #2  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! This place is full of kind, supportive and honest friends. Glad to have you!
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome! You're going to do great! Can't wait to see your progress updates I highly encourage you to join the November 2015 thread (there's one for daily weigh in's and one for just daily updates). The monthly threads help me the most!
danieh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

Hello! Welcome to 3FC, everyone is wonderful here and I've found it to be a great support system; I hope you do too!

What kind of special ed do you teach, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a substitute teacher and I spent six weeks in a mod-severe ED class.
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck! Congrats on your marriage and new house! It sounds like you have a lot of incentive to lose weight, you can do it!!
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #6  

Hey hun, hope we can help motivate and support you xx
emily22 is offline   Reply With Quote