Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/120

Height: 5'3

Smile Good afternoon, I'm new! :)

Good afternoon! My name is Mandy and I'm 18 years old. I stumbled across this forum and thought i'd become a member. I am currently 171 lbs. and would eventually like to be 120 lbs.(but that's a long term goal). I have been overweight most of my life. It would be nice to be able to walk up the hills of SF without feeling worn out! I came to this forum because i have little support around me. My roommates are average sizes so they don't understand my struggle (I'm not trying to make this a sob story). There's a gym on the 1st floor of my apartment , so I will be using it to reach my small term goals. I look forward to contributing to this community!
champagne_supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome! Between the gym you have access to and a proper diet, your goal is very attainable. You can do it!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Mandy! I agree with LesGetFit. You are young, you have a gym, and although 51 lbs to lose may seem like a lot, it can go very quickly when you put your mind to it! I'm 54 and I've lost 40 lbs since May, so if I can do it, so can you! Don't do any crazy fad diets though, and be prepared to continue eating healthily and exercising after you lose the weight, because the weight comes back on more quickly than it comes off, and if you think you can diet and then just go back to poor eating, it will come back on and then some. You have to be committed to changing for good the way you've been doing things. But you have everything going for you, and I know you can do it! So just jump in and start posting! People are very friendly and non-judgmental here! Some threads are more active than others so just check the dates. Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote