Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/178/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hello again

Hello everyone, I'm back after a long absence. I'm feeling a bit vulnerable, but wanted to jump on and re-introduce myself. I have been in denial for a long time about my weight / health, and was shocked a few days ago to see a photo of myself on a social website. I was saddened and ashamed, and could not believe that person was me. I do not have a clearly defined plan right now for my weight loss, but I feel I must just START....somewhere! I can't be this way anymore. I know this is the best place for me to seek support from like minded people. I look forward to posting, lurking, and supporting you as well.
Lemondrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! I think most of us have been exactly where you are. I too saw a horrible photo online, and didn't realize how big I actually was. But I'm fixing it now and you can, too! Good luck!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 95kg/.../70kg

Height: 170cm/5'7

Hi lemondrop! Thanks for replying to my intro, I've started a new thread for new beginners if your interested unfortunately I'm really technically useless so have no idea how to link it in, I presume u can find it through my profile;-) anyway best of luck to you:-) u can do it!
Fififatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lemondrop, BACK! I'm sorry you were upset by a photo. That has happened to many of us. I can't tell you how many times I've avoided having my picture taken just because I didn't want to see myself in a photo! It's like a dressing room mirror. Somehow I look much different than how I see myself in my everyday mirror at home! But the good news is this photo has motivated you to do something about it! You can do this (and this really is the best community for support)! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #5  

Hi lemon drop hearing your story is like looking in a mirror for me. Lost 40 lbs and only have 5 more to go to gain it all back. Had a town celebration and my sister took a pic and sent it to me. God bless her heart but I was in shock. I thought that can not be me but guess what? It was. Not sure why it is always a shock to see a photo and especially when I've gain almost all the weight back. But it always is. I guess it's just the moment of truth that I have put off seeing but I am now glad I did. Maybe with the help of all you guys here I can catch a new determination and start to lose

Last edited by Anmyreah; 09-26-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/178/130

Height: 5'2"

Anmyreah, you certainly will be successful losing the weight! It's good to know there are others who can relate to my feelings. Thanks for that. Here's to us facing the truth and using it as a stepping stone.

Jacqui D - thank you for your words of encouragement!

Fififatso - I will look for your thread thanks!

Lesgetfit - thanks for the warm welcome e!

Thank you to all!

Last edited by Lemondrop01; 09-27-2015 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Hit post too soon. ��
Lemondrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Oh man, if I had a dollar for every time I saw a picture of myself I didn't like, I would be a rich woman! Sometimes it is also just one pic that is what we need to get a jumpstart however. Good luck!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote