Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #1  

Default New here, looking for advice!

Hi,

My name is Alex and I am 22. Here is my story:

First of all I already lost the weight I wanted to lose but I am here looking for some advice in keeping it that way and with some of my loose skin/stretch marks I have that I donīt know exactly how to get rid of, I hope some of you might point me to some articles here that helped you with that.

Also I went through a "phase" when I knew I was losing weight but I always kind of looked at myself still "fat" though I knew was not anymore, I want to know if some of you went through that(sometimes it happens again but I say to myself donīt be silly)

You can see my change in the pictures. The first one is from when I was 18, the last one is me now.

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1429583699283.jpg (32.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Instasize_0923071716.jpg (26.3 KB, 13 views)
Zertalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertalx View Post
Hi,

Also I went through a "phase" when I knew I was losing weight but I always kind of looked at myself still "fat" though I knew was not anymore, I want to know if some of you went through that(sometimes it happens again but I say to myself donīt be silly)

Regards
Hi Alex!

Congrats on your impressive weight loss!

I have lost and regained weight and I think part of the reason I regain is that I could never see the loss. I always felt that I look fat whether I'm 200lbs or 120lbs. That's a dangerous way to see yourself and doesn't respect the work put into improving you!

You've done an amazing job! And you're young, so maybe just some time and keep exercising to tone up your skin.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 AM   #3  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Alex,

First of all congrats. You look great.

Now your question on how to keep it off. You have to do what you did to lose the weight. Keep exercising and tracking your food. If you stray off program get right back on it. You put a few pounds back on take it off right away. You have to stay on top of it. I believe I read that you have to exercise for 1 hour a day also to help keep it off.

I have lost and regained. It is VERY hard to start again. Also lost many times 40k, 20, 50, 100. But I always went back to old habits of eating crap and not exercising...

As far as looking in the mirror and seeing yourself fat that is normal. Give yourself time to adjust.

Loose skin I'm not sure about. Stretch marks view them as battle scares.

Good luck you can do this.

LG

You are still young. I wish I knew what I knew now at your age.
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:09 AM   #4  

Thanks for the support!

Yeah I think that is what happens I feel like I still look fat and that is why I save some of my old pictures of me to remind me that I have actually changed.

I donīt actually have a diet I just started taking care of what I eat and be more active, I reached my goal in about 2 years, I firmly believe that small changes and making a new lifestyle is better than any "fast lose weight diet", now I check my weight every month so I can catch If I gain any unwanted weight.

I am going to keep excercising to tone and maybe get rid of loose skin.

See them as battle scares. I like that
Zertalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Alex! Wow, what a transformation! Take a look at the maintenance section here at 3FC. I'm sure you'll find some useful information and advice in those threads: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainers-167/. I wish you the best!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote