Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 13st.7lbs/13st.7lbs/10st

Height: 5'6

Red face Hello ! Pcos sufferer need keto diet help please

Hello everyone, I'm Jessie I was diagnosed with pcos about 4-5 years ago and basically told by the Dr "yep that's the cause of you excess body hair you were right", and nothing else. I recently found out, accidentally about the whole pcos and glucose issues via a friends Facebook post, it immediately made sense as I'd been on an extremely low carb diet before and lost a lot of weight and felt very healthy. I've just got a new job which keeps me very busy during the day and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with easy meal plans/recipes or even just charts or something that will help me work out the carbs of certain foods, between a job and two kids I really don't get much time to myself haha! I'd appreciate any/all help and tips very much ! Thanks in advance!
Jaceyrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #2  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi Jessie! I'm not doing Keto but I just wanted to register my support. I also suffer from PCOS, and totally feel you on the excess body hair front (sideburns and chin hair, anyone? ) but for me it is fairly well managed with the mini-pill (plus very very little to no bleeding, which is a wonderful bonus )

Also I see you're in the UK - high five!

I hope someone can help you out with the Keto plans, I believe there is a category specifically for low-carb diets and someone over there may be able to give you a hand! I can't post the link as I'm fairly new to the forum too but if you go to the main forum page, scroll down to the "Diet central" section, and there is a "Carb Counters" board there. <3

Good luck and high five!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jessie! I think the best keto diet is probably Atkins. Here's a link to that forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #4  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Jessie, check out Reddit. There are a lot of us over there following a ketogenic diet "keto".
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote