Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/140

Height: 5'6''

Default Lost 90lbs before, I can do it again

When I was sixteen I gained roughly 95lbs and became really unhappy and stopped leaving the house (became homeschooled) and long story short.. I changed, I lost 93lbs by the time I was 18 and looked and felt incredible. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and the best.

So, it really sucks to be sitting here at 24 at 240lbs! It snuck up on me, really. I was a waitress for a long time so I didn't need to workout because I was always running around, but then I turned 21. Haha, waiting tables and drinking after work is pretty much required. I had a lot of fun, made a lot of memories and usually burned most of the calories off the next day.

Then life happened. No need to go into it here, but it wasn't sunshine and rainbows. I became kind of depressed and went into a bit of a funk.

I was already probably about 40lbs heavier than I was at 18 but I was comfortable. Until I moved back into my parents house, I've gained back the other 50lbs.

I know this isn't a blog portion of the website, so I'll stop here and just say, I need help.
This past year I have started and stopped so many times that I feel the reason I'm still fat is because I'm tired of letting myself down.

I'm just really ready to start over and get back to the real me. Not the Megan that hates going in public because I can't stand the way I look. I would really enjoy to be able to wear my favorite jean jacket, little white dress and feel hot driving my Jeep again The little things.

Excited to figure out how this site works and get started!
justdoitmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:30 AM   #2  

Similar story for me… I lost weight in my early 20s and kept it off for a good few years only to put it all back on! I know we can both lose weight again I feel really pumped to lose weight now after reading this forum and seeing peoples success.
unicorn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Megan! You've done it before, so you know how to take the weight off; therefore, you can do it again! This is a wonderful community for support so jump right in! I wish you the best!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

First off, welcome to the boards and congrats on making the first steps towards changing your life (once and for all!).

I am also 5'6 and began this journey at 230 lbs (close to your weight) - so I understand where you're coming from! The huge difference is, I waited until I was a couple months shy of 40 before starting this journey, so you are in a much better place than me! I spent the last half of my 20s and all of my 30s overweight and continually gaining. I also spent those years seriously depressed, hating my relationships, my jobs, my entire life. I isolated myself completely, as I was just plain embarrassed at how heavy I'd let myself become and also, I just didn't have the energy or motivation to do anything. Literally, all the things I loved - I no longer cared about.

I tried SO. MANY. TIMES. to lose weight and "get healthy" - with varying degrees of success and failure. Three times prior, I'd lost 30-40 lbs, but always gained it back. This time, I've maintained my weight loss for 4.5 years (and counting!).

I really do commend you for making this decision @24 and not waiting until you're 40 and have so many regrets. I can honestly say, I am happier now than I've ever been - my husband also lost 45 lbs and we have gone back to traveling, we have taken up hiking, kayaking and scuba diving and are both into biking now, too. We have new friends, see our families more, like our jobs more and are happier with each other.

And it may sound like a cliché to say this, but if I can do this, anyone can! Good luck to you!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote