Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #1  
Started IP 7/12/2015

S/C/G: 283/264/170

Height: Height: 5'6

Smile Hi From Sterling VA

Hello 3FC peeps!

I'm very new to this and just started my journey not too long ago. Came across this page as I was looking for alternative foods I can have while on IP.

I am doing a 6-month stretch per my DR orders. nervous but excited!

I'm looking forward to growing and glad to be a part of this community

Any advice you can give would be awesome!
AliciaJ703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/12/2015

By the way, can someone help me and point to where I can edit my sig??? I wanted to upload a ticker...
Old 06-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome! I used to live in Burke, VA, but now live in Columbia, MD, so I know where you are and hi!

As far as tickers go, only after a certain number of days and posts can you do that, but you'll be able to do it before you know it!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Alicia! This is a wonderful community, full of support and inspiration! So glad you joined us! After 20 days and 20 posts, you'll be able to get a ticker. Here's a link to the info about it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html. Also, be sure to check out the IP forum here! There's a lot to see here, and everyone is nice, so jump right in! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-18-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/12/2015

Thank you berryblondeboys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Welcome! I used to live in Burke, VA, but now live in Columbia, MD, so I know where you are and hi!

As far as tickers go, only after a certain number of days and posts can you do that, but you'll be able to do it before you know it!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #6  
Started IP 7/12/2015

Thank you Jacqui_D for that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Alicia! This is a wonderful community, full of support and inspiration! So glad you joined us! After 20 days and 20 posts, you'll be able to get a ticker. Also, be sure to check out the IP forum here! There's a lot to see here, and everyone is nice, so jump right in! Good luck!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #7  

Hi Alicia!

I am also new to this forum, but it seems like a great one!! Welcome and Good luck in reaching your weight loss goals!! I am also doing this diet under my doctors orders and observation. I have a long journey ahead, but I love how fast IP works!! I learned today from the community, we can't do a weight tracker until after 20 posts. =)

I don't know if these are new alternative foods for you or not, but they are some of my favorites in the veggie department(on program and low carb):
I am really enjoying radishes and rhubarb this time of year (they are in season) I peel the radishes and add salt(this time of year, June, they are large and mild-- especially without the peelings, plus they are cheap in the stores and unlimited, so they don't count in your 4 cups a day. They are yummy!! I just discovered Rhubarb two summers ago(only available this time of year) *2.5 medium stalks = 1 cup. I peel it a little and add salt.. for that tart, sour green apple taste.. It does need to be counted in the 4 cups. I also make cabbage in a cast iron pan with garlic, garlic salt, seasoning salt and beef bouillon, water and a little olive oil..It a favorite of my whole family. It is delicious if you like cabbage and want something warm that fills you up fast!! I also put apple cider vinegar on it sometimes after cooking. =) Good luck!!

Last edited by lgodisgood; 06-19-2015 at 12:31 AM.
lgodisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #8  
Started IP 7/12/2015

Thank you lgodisgood for the warm welcome, encouragement and advice! I love cabbage and will indeed try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgodisgood View Post
Hi Alicia!

I am also new to this forum, but it seems like a great one!! Welcome and Good luck in reaching your weight loss goals!! I am also doing this diet under my doctors orders and observation. I have a long journey ahead, but I love how fast IP works!! I learned today from the community, we can't do a weight tracker until after 20 posts. =)

I don't know if these are new alternative foods for you or not, but they are some of my favorites in the veggie department(on program and low carb):
I am really enjoying radishes and rhubarb this time of year (they are in season) I peel the radishes and add salt(this time of year, June, they are large and mild-- especially without the peelings, plus they are cheap in the stores and unlimited, so they don't count in your 4 cups a day. They are yummy!! I just discovered Rhubarb two summers ago(only available this time of year) *2.5 medium stalks = 1 cup. I peel it a little and add salt.. for that tart, sour green apple taste.. It does need to be counted in the 4 cups. I also make cabbage in a cast iron pan with garlic, garlic salt, seasoning salt and beef bouillon, water and a little olive oil..It a favorite of my whole family. It is delicious if you like cabbage and want something warm that fills you up fast!! I also put apple cider vinegar on it sometimes after cooking. =) Good luck!!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/250/160

Hi Alicia! Welcome. Ashburn here. This is a great forum. Lots of good people sharing information and encouragement.
Gbtwinsmommy2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #10  
Started IP 7/12/2015

Hi Gbtwinsmommy2015! Thanks for the welcome! Great to know local people are here as well :-)

I am thankful in advance for the encouragement and so glad I found this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbtwinsmommy2015 View Post
Hi Alicia! Welcome. Ashburn here. This is a great forum. Lots of good people sharing information and encouragement.