Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here from NC

Hi, everyone! I am a 42 year old mom of 3 who is trying to lose weight. I have tried just about everything and like many others here, have the same issues with slow metabolism and trying to fit dieting into an already hectic lifestyle. I have tried and failed many times but hopefully this will be my year to finally shed that 100 pounds keeping me back from life.

I started on a diet last Thursday. I started at 249. Today is day 5 of the diet and I am down 3.8 pounds so far so totally stoked hoping the trend continues. I know that it is not likely to continue but here's to hoping LOL.

I hope to get to know some of you and hopefully share in your successes and help encourage everyone to continue on their journey.
blessedfamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/207.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Smile Welcome!

I am new, too, but I am happy you are here. I have been looking at many posts, and this seems like a great group! I have a bunch of weight to lose, too, and started the Optifast Diet last Tuesday - tomorrow is my first weigh in day, so I am excited about that.

Are you doing any exercise? All I have been doing is walking, and think I probably need to add to that, but I do not like excercise at ALL!!
addisjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #3  

Hi! I have been doing a 30 minute walk each day but that's about it. I hate to exercise but hopefully once I get my groove on with this new diet then I will be able to bump that up to an hour a day.

The group does look great and I am researching all the old posts as we speak LOL.

Keep me posted on your progress and your weigh in. I am sure you will rock that scale.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:58 AM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc's and congrats on your recent loss!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Welcome blessed Walking is a great way to start out. To boost your weight loss eat frequent small meals 5-6 a day and drink lots of water. Take out all the junk out of your house that tempts you and that really will help you a lot to keep on track. If you can, get you a gym membership. For me having one and having a place to go to take classes, having a routine and not having the excuse of getting shut out of walking due to weather makes exercise much easier. Also, you have a lot more options and can make your exercise more intense with greater results. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Most gyms have cardio equipment with tv's in the machines which make your work out go by so quickly for us peeps who don't care to exercise.
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #7  

Thank you so much everyone for making me feel so very welcome. I am loving all of the wonderful advise and support. :-)
Old 06-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Blessed, you're so welcome. I was re-reading your original post and that you're a mom with kids. If they are younger you can take the kids to most gyms and they have daycare so they can play while you're working out. If not, it's a time for you to have some time to yourself, which I know all Mom's need that and that is a way for you to fall in love with exercise. Also, eating healthy and getting the junk out of the house is a way to get them involved. Bringing in healthy snacks and foods and teaching them to form good habits too.

Last edited by JenDestiny; 06-09-2015 at 01:29 PM.
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote