Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #1  

Default New here, looking for support

Hi!

I am new to this forum, and looking for support from those who may understand.

I have lost a lot of weight, without weightloss surgery. I used to be 315+lbs and at my lowest got down to 182. In the past year I gained about 10-15lbs. I recently got my skin removal from my abdomen and am happy that I was able to get that apron removed.

I am not, however, at the goal I would like to be. I feel I would be content at least losing the 10-15 I gained this past year, but I have been trying to lose it for months and I can not lose a lb.

I have become so used to overly restricting what I eat that at this point probably do not get enough calories. I have major food guilt. I want to learn to love myself but it is so hard to shift when you have spent your whole life determined to lose weight. While I do want to just be content with who I am and how I look, I also do want to get down to the goal I have been seeking my whole life. My ultimate goal would be 20lbs but I would be content with 10lbs. I do not know how to get off this plataue. I feel I have tried and tried and nothing is working for me.
learningtolove1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

learningtolove! There are lots of different forums and groups you can join here. Everyone is very supportive, so don't be shy! Just take a look around and jump right in posting! It sounds like you may need to up your calories if you are being too restrictive. On my diet (modified slow carb diet), I have a cheat day every week to try to keep from getting stuck on a plateau, My diet is not for everyone though. We each have to find what works for us and apparently what you've been doing has worked, but you really may need to up your calories to break through that plateau. There are lots of posts on that topic, so take a look around and jump in! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-13-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Great job with your efforts!! Congratulations!! Keep it up and good luck with your continue efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote