Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #1  
Super Ninja(:

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello! I'm a teenager trying to lose weight.

Hello! My name is Molly. I'm 15 years old (which might be a little young), and I started gaining weight in middle school. The march of my 8th grade year, my family started to lose weight together. We started the 3 Hour Diet, and I was rollerblading and exercising as well. By June, I had lost around 15 pounds. That may not sound like much, but it made a big difference on my frame! I was so happy and content at the weight I had become. I was about 200 pounds around that Christmas (I thought I was 190, but my mom thinks I was probably at 200) and by June I weighed 175! Alas, my journey is reignited now, and I am still overweight, and I am on my way to 145-150 pounds (while some people would still be overweight by that point, I look sick at anything under 140.) I have balanced between 170-175 for almost a year now, and I am ready to get up and lose some more weight. I'm very excited to join this community, since everyone is so positive and helpful, and my journey will hopefully take up to 4 months! I plan to be thin and ready for my summer swimsuit by June and before my Sophomore year!

Cheers to everyone losing weight! I'm so proud of you all!

~ Molly

Last edited by xF3ARL3SSx; 01-20-2014 at 06:21 PM.
xF3ARL3SSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Molly! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Hi Molly,

You sound very grounded for a 15 year old. Fabulous writing too.

Welcome to the community. Probably the main advice I can give you is to keep it simple and don't overthink it (although it sounds as if you have been doing this for the past one year).

Congratulations on the weight loss and maintaining for almost a year. Good luck on the rest of your journey. One thing though, try not to set a rigid deadline for your weight loss (I know, easier said than done) but remember, slow and steady is best for THIS journey.
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Awesome! Do it now and do it in a way you can for the rest of your life. I wish I could go back and learn the things I know now to have used them then at that age.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #5  
Super Ninja(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical View Post
Hi Molly,

You sound very grounded for a 15 year old. Fabulous writing too.

Welcome to the community. Probably the main advice I can give you is to keep it simple and don't overthink it (although it sounds as if you have been doing this for the past one year).

Congratulations on the weight loss and maintaining for almost a year. Good luck on the rest of your journey. One thing though, try not to set a rigid deadline for your weight loss (I know, easier said than done) but remember, slow and steady is best for THIS journey.
Thank you very much! I think part of my writing skills is my strive to eventually become an author x)

I try to not keep a rigid deadline, I like to see where I feel I look good at ^-^ My mom also says I should lose weight slow and steady, but all of us wish it would sometimes go faster(: Good luck to you.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #6  
Super Ninja(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Donnelly View Post
Awesome! Do it now and do it in a way you can for the rest of your life. I wish I could go back and learn the things I know now to have used them then at that age.
Thank you for your reply, I try my best to think of this so-called 'diet' as a lifestyle change. Even though I wish that I could lose all of it in 30 days and then be able to eat lots of donuts x)
Old 01-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #7  
Super Ninja(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
Hi Molly! Welcome to 3FC
Thank you! I'm happy to be here(:
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! You have the right attitude to be successful. My advice to you is to continue with a sensible approach. Never use strategies to lose that you can't maintain once you've lost your weight. Slow and steady wins the race. If you mess up one day, oh well. Tomorrow will be a brand new day.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF3ARL3SSx View Post
Thank you for your reply, I try my best to think of this so-called 'diet' as a lifestyle change. Even though I wish that I could lose all of it in 30 days and then be able to eat lots of donuts x)
That's honest but you can't, can't, can't. God knows I love the donuts, too. It is a life change. Hard to get to the thought that, no, I DON'T want that donut but really try. The goal shouldn't be that you have X amount of pounds to lose, it should be that you realize that donuts will never do anything good for you. You should only eat when you're truly hungry and you should only eat something that's going to kill that hunger. A donut will never do that.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #10  
Super Ninja(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Donnelly View Post
That's honest but you can't, can't, can't. God knows I love the donuts, too. It is a life change. Hard to get to the thought that, no, I DON'T want that donut but really try. The goal shouldn't be that you have X amount of pounds to lose, it should be that you realize that donuts will never do anything good for you. You should only eat when you're truly hungry and you should only eat something that's going to kill that hunger. A donut will never do that.
I know, I know. I didn't say I'm going to, but sometimes we all wish ^-^ I know it's all about lifestyle, I feel healthier already (I don't pig out on junk food or anything like that anyways)
Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #11  
Super Ninja(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
Welcome! You have the right attitude to be successful. My advice to you is to continue with a sensible approach. Never use strategies to lose that you can't maintain once you've lost your weight. Slow and steady wins the race. If you mess up one day, oh well. Tomorrow will be a brand new day.
I just try to stay positive (:

Oh, I know. Fad diets don't work, and nothing that says you'll lose 30 pounds or something in a month works either. Ad's and everything else are very deceitful, and it really does suck that they lie :/ I'm going to keep working and won't get too upset if I mess up with my diet a little bit.

Actually, I've even tried the 3 Day Diet once, and while it has positive reviews, I felt so starving and sluggish that I couldn't work out or do anything later

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be working on this again, and I'm positive about this again already(:
Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome 2 The Board
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #13  
Super Ninja(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
Welcome 2 The Board
Thank you(:
Old 01-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Such a good site to come to at your age. You will get good healthy advice and skip most of the diet foolishness many of us tried in our teens leading to lifetime wrecked metabolisms. You (and your mom) are right on track for a lifetime of health.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/176/130

Height: 5'4

You are very articulate for a 15 year old! I'm also new to 3FC so I don't have any wise words of wisdom, but I can send congratulations on your success so far and good luck as you move forward
Harmony93 is offline   Reply With Quote