Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-10-2015, 10:55 PM   #1  
lmonack

S/C/G: 196/196/135

Height: 5'3

Smile i'm new here! any help would be lovely :)

hi! I'm Leah,
I am just starting out TSFL and I am pretty nervous actually haha. I am 16 (17 in a month) and I am about 195 pounds and my goal is to get to 140 or 135. I am so excited to start and any newbie tips would be greatly appreciated!
lmonack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Best advice is to start with small changes and slowly make bigger ones... That way they become habits that stick! Drinkore water and tea, less sugary drinks... Etc. Aim for three walks a week or other kind of exercise and build up from there! Make half your plate veggies for a meal, cut out snacking after a certain time... Find what works for YOU and what YOU like!

Welcome, and good luck on hour journey!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. I agree with the above post. Start small that way it sticks. Good luck
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Hi Leah! Welcome to your new life and a new journey to becoming healthier and feeling better!

A few suggestions to help set you up for success. First, I think that what was said above is spot on. Start out slow and build up. Also a few things to help set a foundation for success are.

1. Join a gym or a place to go work out. If you have a place to go that's structured you are more likely to go and stick with it.

2. Get a work out buddy that can hold you accountable but also be prepared to go by yourself even if they don't go.

3. Avoid the fad diets! Weight loss is a slow process and doesn't happen overnight just like we didn't put it on overnight. Make sure you avoid the fad, 15 pounds in 15 day nonsense diets. See a nutritionist if you can. If not, be smart use your common sense. Stay away from processed foods and research "clean eating". Don't skip meals. Actually eating small meals 5 times a day increases your metabolism and that helps you lose weight.

4. Get rid of the food in your house that's bad for you. You're more likely to eat things that's in your house just simply because it's there but if you get rid of it and replace it with nutritious items you won't go nibbling on chips or ice cream. 100 calorie handfuls of almonds are great snacks in between meals.

5. Give yourself a cheat day. I have one once a week where I will go buy me an ice cream or have a couple of pieces of bread with some nutella on it. And if you mess up don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day and a new day to start over.

Good luck, we are here for you You can do it!
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote