Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/188/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Starting again.....

I am a yo-yo dieter and am determined to not give up this time. I started IP last July and lost 40 pounds by November but then over the holidays, strayed and put back on 15. I have been trying to get going again but have lost motivation!!! Any tips!
junenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

I can suggest a few things that might help.

The D word! I think for some of us using that word is setting us up for failure. Having a different outlook on how you look at the way you eat makes a difference. I don't look at how I eat as "dieting". It is a lifestyle change. I have made a decision to change the way I will eat for the rest of my life. Does this mean I will never have the wonderful things I love again? No, it just means that I am finding balance and making changes and doing what is more healthy and good for my body.

Also, have yourself one day a week where you reward yourself. I call it a cheat day! Fridays I will eat me a sugared treat like a cupcake or some Nutella on bread or I will go get an frozen yogart. As long as you don't buy the whole cake or eat an entire half gallon, it's ok. Set yourself goals and when you reach those goals reward yourself then too. Go out to eat and have something you don't normally have. The key here is to make it special so you don't feel like you're totally never able to have anything anymore.

Make sure you're doing everything to keep yourself on track. Don't bring stuff in your house that you don't want to be eating. You're less likely to eat what you don't have readily available. Be prepared when you go out or on long days by taking healthy snacks and bottled water so you don't have to stop by a fast food joint and buy something bad for you.

Last and certainly not least is to give yourself a break. Sometimes we are our worst enemy when it comes to messing up when we are trying to change our eating habits. So what if we eat too much one day? The great thing is that tomorrow is a brand new day and we can start all over again
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote