Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Height: 5'2"

Default Officially unlurking!

Hi!

I'm a pushing 40 year old office worker who never had any trouble with weight until after my 8th child was born a few years ago. Ever since then, I've gone from creeping to leaping! I had a tubal ligation and I know my hormones are wacky and the fact that I'm so short doesn't help either!

I have been at this for about 6 weeks so far and have definitely been tweaking what works and what doesn't- at least for me. Being a shortie, 1200 calories is WAY too much for me to lose without being discouraged and the creeping downward of the scale. I've found that I count around 900-950 calories a day and then don't sweat the calories in oils that I cook in, etc, or the skim milk in my unsweetened hot tea. I have had to ban all sugar. I didn't realize I was such an addict! I have had to ban alcohol. It just SITS on my middle as soon as I drink it! I have had to do body weight exercise and not cardio- cardio makes me HUNGRY!!!

Every calorie counts- eggs for breakfast, greek yogurt for morning snack, beef jerky and soup makes a great lunch, an apple for afternoon snack, and half my "normal" balanced dinner. Good, quality vitamin supplements as well. So far so good!

I was 90 lbs when I conceived my first child and gained about 5 lbs per child overall until my weight was at 130 after my last child was born, then the ballooning started. Time to nip it in the bud before the big 4-0.

Thanks for listening and HI!!!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!! I can relate to being short and finding I have to eat less than taller people... fortunately for me my body is pretty comfortable between 1200-1400 calories for loosing, and was good with 1600-1800 in the beginning.

You've already made a great start and I have no doubt you can reach your goals!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote