Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/178/160

Height: 5'9

Default Hi.

Hello there. I have used this support forum for reference many times, but had yet to join. I decided to take the plunge because I don't have the best support system behind me. Everyone around me is supportive, but none of them have ever been overweight. So even though they have the best of intentions, they tend to fall short on being able to empathize.

I'm 26 years old and have been overweight most of my life. In college I decided to lose the weight and did so successfully. The only problem was maintenance. I had gained it all back plus some over the next 2 1/2 - 3 years. Last June I was a bridesmaid in a wedding. When the pictures came back I could not believe how much I'd let myself go. So last August I decided to get healthy again. Since then I've lost 70 of the 100 lbs I set out to lose.

I am super happy with my progress and this time I have a good feeling it will stick because I am creating lasting healthy habits. I am currently in a big transition in my life and plan on moving abroad in the next four months. By August I will have completely overhauled my life. I'm scared, excited, and hopeful all at the same time.

I think that's all I have for introductions. I would love to get to know more people who have gone through the process successfully(weight loss or even weight loss and a move abroad). And if possible share some of my tips for success as well.
amy_beth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome!!! And way to go on all of your success. I hope you find the support and the connections you need!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Hello....Great job on your 70 Lbs loss!! with your continue efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote