Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350.8/340.0/175

Height: 5`5

Default Serial Weight Loss Failure

Hello! I am a 28 year old momma of two. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. When I was 18 I took to a raw diet because of health issues (JRA, Fibro), did amazing, at the time I started I was around 240lbs, and got down to 170lbs pretty quickly. I then met my husband and married him right before I turned 20. We then moved across country. That's where things just fell apart. The stress of moving was a ton, and my weight went back up to 230lbs easily. I got pregnant with my daughter and gained a lot of weight, I believe I ended 280lbs. I lost a little after having her (like 15lbs little), but then got pregnant again when she was 5 months old, we endured a miscarriage, and about 6 months after decided to try for a second child...that resulted in losing three more babies in a row, a evil bout of depression, and then pregnant with my youngest. I did well during his pregnancy and actually lost weight, but shortly after having him found out my husband had been having internet affairs for about two years and I fell apart, within a couple months we were moving across country for the second time.

We have been here for two years now. Things have calmed down in many ways, but haven't in others. I've unsuccessfully tried to keep to a diet or walking....but then stress hits and I am a stress/depressed late at night eater. Its not a good combo. I am again having health issues, I now have lupus (diagnosed 2011) and fibro. I know that losing the weight will help some of the pain levels, and I need to do something for me....its time I get back to being me, and being ok in my skin. I joined a gym in Oct 2014, and did well going until tax season started and other stresses and all the work I had gotten done....well I have undone it. So I woke up at 5am this morning and brought my sorry butt into the gym. I did 45 min of the elliptical and worked out my arms for about 20 min. I love working out...its the waking up at 5am I hate lol.

The past year I really worked on my diet, but didn't lose much. I was still nursing full time though and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. He is not weaned (about two weeks ago), hoping this means better results!

A very long intro.....but that is how I ended up here. I haven't weighed myself, last time was in Jan and I was about 350. Nice to meet you!
ShaDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and good luck on this journey!!! Sounds like you could use some support and just people who understand what you're going through, and you'll find that here!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #3  

Appreciate it! My husband while supportive, has no idea what it is like to struggle with weight.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:56 AM   #5  

Hi..ShaDucky

I m Sharing you some tips that will help you to loose your weight

Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
Drink plenty of water.
Get tempting foods out of your home.
Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table.
Don't skip meals.

These are the things from my side i hope it will helpfull for you
AllenHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Welcome! I have fibro too. Something useful I learned from the book Thin for Life (much recommended on this forum, as it's excellent) is that if you have dieted repeatedly in the past, you may think of yourself as a failure. Don't. It actually means you have amassed lots of data about what does and doesn't work for you, and you can use that.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #8  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I wanna hug your face We have similar stories, I haven't experenced loss of babies like you, but the kids, the affair, the moving, the weight going up and down.Ugh. Sing it sister!
Welcome to 3FC!
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #9  

Well its nice to meet all of you! Thank you for the support!

Kriket84 nice to meet someone who has similar experiences, tho I am sorry you've had to deal with them!
Old 04-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #10  
Weight Loss Champion

Welcome! I know the feeling I've been struggling since 2002. continuously gaining and losing weight. The end is the hardest part of it all. Being a mother of so many children I can only imagine how much tougher your days must be. Keep trying though, don't give up, I haven't either. Let's beat this bs.
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote