Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/346/160

Red face Hello Guys **trigger warning**

*****Trigger Warning*****

Hi!

For years I have "stalked" the 3FatChicks message boards, gaining good advice and identifying with others the struggles of dealing weight. I first off want to thank everyone for everything they have shared and I felt it was time for
me to do the same.

I have been overweight ever since I was about 10 years old. I unfortunately had been molested by six people up that point. My mom was an on again off again drug addict and sold me several times for money.

At the age of 10 when I was just starting to take notice of my body she sold me one final time to her drug dealer where his teenage son and three friends gang raped me. I was 5' 6" and 120lb at the time and within a year and a half gained almost 100lbs. By then abusers had totaled to 10. Because of this I suffered from depression, C-PTSD (complex post traumatic stress disorder) and had issues with cutting and suicide attempts.

Right now I am 346lbs. I have tried a lot of things and after much consideration I have decided on having the Lapband surgery. I am ready to finally tackle this last major issue I have and am currently dealing with the emotional and psychological issues now I am ready to deal with the physical.

I am currently married to a great guy who has been there for me during all of this and we have three children, I have gotten my life completely on track, started a business and am very happy (still in therapy lol but waaaay better) but during all of this I ended up gaining a lot more weight.

I wanted to join this group because I have watched so many of you offer such awesome support to one another and I would like to be a part of this amazing group. I needed support to get through all that mess from before and I know I will need it for this as well.

I do not know what the future holds but I am actually excited to finally take control of this part my life the way I have done with the other issues I have dealt with. My orientation is this Friday!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

V.F.

-I love myself for who I am today
vintagefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #2  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome, vintagefairy (lovely name, btw)! I'm very, very sorry to hear about your traumatic childhood. But I am so happy to hear you've got a wonderful family and life is on track now!

As you likely know from lurking there is a weight loss surgery forum here where you can connect with others who have chosen lapband.

Unfortunately such abuse seems to come up often with eating disorders on both extremes (being highly over or highly under weight) in an effort to shield oneself. I'm very glad you have good support for your emotional traumas, this should help you greatly with your physical weight loss!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

What an inspiration you are! We aren't just "heavy" people here. We all have stories... And I'm so glad your story is blossoming into a beautiful life from your awful childhood experiences. You are already a conqueror, this I know you can do. Welcome!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello Vintage Fairy! Your story is so moving, it prompted me to make my first post. That you should be doing so well in life, after your horrific childhood, is proof that you have an wonderful, strong spirit. I will be honored to follow your journey from this point onward.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/346/160

Thank you all so much for your support! I look forward to getting to know you guys and going on this journey with you!

V.F.

-I love myself for who I am today

Last edited by vintagefairy; 03-26-2015 at 05:37 PM.
vintagefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #6  
Dipping toe in water

S/C/G: 150/145/133

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi Vintage Fairy, gosh your story brought a lump to my throat. I'm so sorry to hear about what you have been through. It takes real courage to open up like that. I guess we all have our scars right? I know that comfort eating has been a big one for me over the years.
Heidi33 is offline   Reply With Quote