Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #1  

Default What's important to you? ... I know what is to myself

Hello All,

For my inaugural thread, I’d like to know about the psychology behind weight loss.

What are YOUR primary reasons to lose weight?

My reasons changed in the last 15 years.

At 22 –

• Weight: 155 pounds (9% body fat at 5’9”)
• Marital status: single without children
• Job: student, military
• Reason(s) for getting in shape: build lean muscle, look good naked

At 37 –

• Weight: 195 pounds (down from 227 in December)
• Marital status: common law, a daughter (6), teenage stepson
• Job: business owner, retired military
• Reason(s) for getting in shape: maintain a healthy weight, and be around to watch my kids grow (looking good naked wouldn’t be a bad thing)

I know a handful of you can relate to this. But what’s important about weight loss to you?

-J
2nd Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Welcome...Good luck with your efforts!

Besides health reasons... Now my age at 48,,,Is to be pain free ...This weight am carrying is causing many joint pain!!

Looking forward of your progress..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

A lot of my motivation is vanity and just wanting to look and feel good... But I've always wanted that and never did anything. What keeps me at it isy husband who is training to be a cop. I want to support him, and we are choosing a more active lifestyle together for our future children and family.

Mybuusband has always thought I was gorgeous and tells me so everyday, but I'd still love to look good for him!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #4  

Thank you all for responding. Sometimes I think it's good to hear other people's stories (and not from some promo ad). They take my focus off of myself.

-J
2nd Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5ft9

My motivation is my children. I want them to see a happy and healthy mom and I can't be that when I am plus 200 pounds. I am similar in height/weight as you. Since I had children I have felt like I am in the wrong body..hanging skin, bulging belly. I want to get a tummy tuck this summer to feel better about my body.
Ironwomanrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I just thought I would give weightloss a go one day for a laugh/giggle. Well, when the scale dropped on day 1, I was hooked and just kept going.

I'd like to say I made a conscious effort to become more healthy or this or that but at 281lbs I remember not feeling that bad and had just accepted that I would always be fat.

It is only now that I realise how unhealthy I was back then and how much better I feel now. They call obesity a silent killer for a reason. And I dodged a bullet. I must have been close to diabetes. I was already on BP and cholesterol medication, but again had just accepted these as "probably genetic". Mistake.

I have been off the meds for a year or more now.

But my motivations now are really just to see where this journey ends and how cut I can get. Like I said, I had accepted that I would just always be fat so I have no idea where my body will end up. But it's a lot of fun finding out.

Last edited by IanG; 03-28-2015 at 08:12 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #7  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I want to know what it feels like to be at a healthy weight just once in my life and getting healthier.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote