Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up New but True

Hello, My name is Lisa.

Just joined today.

I'm another person that has battled the will's of too much eating, which entails the battle of the bulge. I'm 45 and have been Thin a handful of times in my life. The first 35 years was on my own. the last 10 years was with assistance of the Lap Band and then a conversion over to Gastric Bypass. The Lap Band did not work for me. Had many complications and I was self pay with both procedures so very very costly to say the very least. Once converted to the Bypass it worked! I lost over 80 pounds and I felt amazing! however over the last 3.5 years I've gained the weight back. I'm very dissappointed in myself for allowing myself to put the weight back on. I am now looking in to one of two things. The Endoscopic Sclerotherapy or having the Rose procedure done. I'm about a year out before I can afford either procedure as once again I will be a self pay patient.
I was hoping that those of you who have had any of these procedures could tell me your experiences and is it worth the money? Right now I'm researching and for me this takes some time, I research locations, doctors, pricing, and choose carefully. Until then, I've been drinking my "Unjury" protein shakes and making healthier choices for myself which isn't so easy!

thanks for reading, and I hope you each have a lovely day!

Lisa
LAM8282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #2  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Hi Lisa! I'm not quite sure what those are to be honest haha but hey, if you're finding something that works for you, that's marvelous!

That's really important, as well. Even with procedures, if the patient doesn't try and change their habits, they're often unhappy with the results anyway. I have about three people in my family who did stomach surgery but haven't changed their eating habits, so they're better than before, but they constantly complain about their weight and not losing even though they're taking no measures towards that.

So proud of your choice, though! Sorry for not being able to help with the procedure (maybe if you go the the specific forum people will know better?). And good luck!
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote