3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #1

S/C/G: 155

Height: 5' 4"

Smile My triple threat challenge, lol!

Hi to all

I've been procrastinating for FAR too long, but decided last night (while sipping my last vodka screwdriver for a while, lol) that TODAY was the day to start making some positive changes.

About 4 years ago I was diagnosed with graves disease (hyperthyroidism) which has now gone the absolute opposite way... plus good ol' menopause hit about a year ago, as well.

I was terribly sick and struggled to keep my weight UP to 125 lbs for the first 3 years... and then steadily gained 30 lbs in the last year

I haven't done anything but watch the scale "GROAN" more each passing month.

But all that is behind me, today is Day #1 and I'm planning on working on 3 things at once, lol... I tend to do best when I'm multi tasking... and feel overwhelmed (or bored) sometimes when I only focus on one thing.

Here's my triple threat list (in no particular order, lol):

1.. well ok, #1 really IS to lose 30 lbs;
2. To actually start and maintain a decent daily skin care program (soap & water just isn't cutting it anymore);
3. To cure a yucky toe nail fungus that has now spread to 3 toes (disgusting, I know... promise not to post much on that, lol)!

I've started the Atkins diet this morning... drank 2 litres of water + coffee before breakfast (bacon & scrambled eggs)... took my dogs for a brisk little walk around the farm... made a homemade cellulite coffee scrub & exited the shower feeling great... put on some face & FOOT cream, lol...drank another litre of water and ate a small chef's salad for lunch.

Sitting here wondering 'now what', lol?

I guess I'll cook homemade ribs for supper and leave mine sauceless... drink more water... walk again... apply the necessary creams & start it all again tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone also working on making positive changes in their lives!
stanschubbygirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #2

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Wow. You really stepped it up. Excited you're excited about your health, wellness, and fitness. Now what, you ask. You set some more short and long term goals and figure out how you will accomplish them. I'd love to chat with ya about your goals!
Ohai! I'm Li!
Music Junkie - Fitness Junkie - Nerd

The journey will be hard at times but don't give up! You are worth it. I've been at lows and highs in this journey but always managed to get my focus back. If you ever want a partner on this journey, I'm always up for making new frans!
Connect with me on Facebook:
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote